How to install Linux Mint (or another Linux disto) on Teclast F7?

How to install Linux Mint (or another Linux disto) on Teclast F7?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops How to install Linux Mint (or another Linux disto) on Teclast F7?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michele 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michele
    Participant

Hi, sorry for my bad english… I’m looking for a guide to install Linux Mint or another distro on my Teclast F7. I chose linux Mint because in the past I installed this distro on an old laptop and it was very simple (UI similiar to Windows). I have random freeze problems on Windows 10 and for this reason the laptop is unusable. Can someone who has Linux tell me if he has random freeze problems? Does the touchpad work? Wifi, Bluetooth, audio etc …? Thanks!

OpenMedia
    Participant

Works fine on my F5, only thing you need to do is using GRUB as boot loader for dual booting with Windows.

d4n76
    Participant

If you have random freezes check your ssd because on my F7plus I had the same problem and I fixed changing  the ssd. The Teclast ssd quality is a bit poor. I can’t help you to install Linux but I think is compatible and simple to install. Install grub at boot as other suggested you.

Michele
    Participant

Works fine on my F5, only thing you need to do is using GRUB as boot loader for dual booting with Windows.

How can I install the grub? Usually I put the iso of the OS on a pendrive and I launch it from the bios …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password