How to reinstall Android stock rom on my x98 plus A6C7?

How to reinstall Android stock rom on my x98 plus A6C7?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion How to reinstall Android stock rom on my x98 plus A6C7?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tomas Pranna Palacios Castro 1 year ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

fredrick
    Participant

Dear all,

i installed different custom android rom on my x98 plus a6c7. I wonder how to get back to android stock rom. anybody could help me with a detailed how to? I have downloaded original stock rom from baidu webpage. Hope anyone could help me out.

Thanks in advance

Fredrick

winston smith
    Participant

the same way you did for custom root. what else could it be?

Fredrick Gutter
    Participant

Yes, i tried, but always errors while flashing. maybe you can tell me the correct method to do? i am doing something wrong and i don`t know exactly what….

Eko
    Participant

Hi mate,

I’m also new to this (have not tried it myself yet), this related to the A6C9 model but maybe somebody with more experience can confirm if the process is right.

Please download official Windows/Andriod images from this website:
    http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php?t=p
    Or from http://techtablets.com/downloads-drivers-roms/

Instructions of flashing Windows here http://www.mediafire.com/view/ejxha5eoe8tu9e4/Flash_Windows__10_tutorial_-_X98_Pro.pdf

Instruction of flashing Android 5 here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/ydpfahlco6nhe0a/Teclast_Intel_tablet_Android_5.0_update_tutorial.pdf

To download the firmware you might need a BAIDU CLOUD account.

Angelo
    Participant

Dear all, i installed different custom android rom on my x98 plus a6c7. I wonder how to get back to android stock rom. anybody could help me with a detailed how to? I have downloaded original stock rom from baidu webpage. Hope anyone could help me out. Thanks in advance Fredrick

I have the same request waiting for help too…

Eko, do your how to procedure doesn’t change windows partition but only reinstall android?

Eko
    Participant

My info is realted to complete dual boot reinstall.

I’ve not tried it yet, but if you only flash the andriod then i guess it won’t effect the windows, however.. there are plenty of people on this forum that know better than my so I would reccommed you do some research.

winston smith
    Participant

Method 1 :

Use Intel Phone Tools from intel website, install it and browse from the flash tools a file called flash.json in the stock rom folder and push the button to flash.

Method 2 :

a. Create a file called flash.bat and open it with a text editor [like notepad or notepad++]

b. Add the following lines :

fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    reboot

c. Save the file in the same folder than the android rom and close it.

d. Enter fastboot mode on the tablet [power + volume – when tablet is off] and plug the tablet to the computer with a good quality usb cable [important]. [You have now to see “fastboot mode” on the screen.]

e. Double click on the flash.bat you created earlier.

The flash is starting. After it’s done, il will restart by itself.

Easy game.

Fredrick Gutter
    Participant

Thanks to all for your help. I solved the problem by downloading  <span class=”export-item-title”>flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1 (by mirek modified fo Plus)</span>. I put the rom files in the rom folder and it worked. This case can be closed.

Fredrick

Eko
    Participant

Thanks for that Winston,

Eko
    Participant

Method 1 : Use Intel Phone Tools from intel website, install it and browse from the flash tools a file called flash.json in the stock rom folder and push the button to flash. Method 2 : a. Create a file called flash.bat and open it with a text editor [like notepad or notepad++] b. Add the following lines : fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img reboot c. Save the file in the same folder than the android rom and close it. d. Enter fastboot mode on the tablet [power + volume – when tablet is off] and plug the tablet to the computer with a good quality usb cable [important]. [You have now to see “fastboot mode” on the screen.] e. Double click on the flash.bat you created earlier. The flash is starting. After it’s done, il will restart by itself. Easy game.

Are these methods for Android only?

It would be good if someone can post guidelines for dual boot systems also, or explain what to do differently for Android/Window only and Dual systems. A lot of us are new to the process and could do with support from more experienced members.

I’ll be posting the A6C9 files a bit later today.

Thanks

Tomas Pranna Palacios Castro
    Participant

Will it work for A5C8 as well if I download the proper ROM for it?

That is my first question, but then.

Will it bring back the dual boot OS selection? because it is absolutely gone. It just boots to windows. I even tried to force boot to android partition from CMOS, but it just skips to Windows, and fails to boot repeatedly (until I enter to bios again, and set it up to boot to windows partition).

I have managed to enter “fastboot mode”, while trying to reset back to OS selection, but it just displays yellow text in front of fastboot mode, and does nothing else until force shut-turn on again.

That is how my tablet is going so far. By some strange miracle I got Windows to recognize my micro SD card, so I can put the rom and batch file in there. Will I be able to reinstall android to its original partition then?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password