How to remove micro sd card?!

How to remove micro sd card?!

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate How to remove micro sd card?!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jetfin
    Participant

I just got a 64gb micro sd, inserted it and it seems fine so far in both OSs, BUT…

I can’t seem to remove it. Assuming it’s the standard “push & click” mechanism i tried pushing it with my fingernail and although there was some springy feeling I didn’t get that familiar click. Ok so then i’m thinking i need something longer, so I tried with the tip of a pen. Nothing.

So at this point I’m thinking there are two possibilities:

1: I’m a complete idiot and am overlooking something obvious

2: It’s a faulty micro sd slot.

So, how do you guys remove yours?

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

Laura
    Participant

pushing with a fingernail…

jetfin
    Participant

Thanks for confirming this.

After trying again to no avail, I got out a dental tool I had laying around and lightly “massaged” all along the edge of the card. Sometime on the second pass i finally heard that magic click and out it popped. Now it’s easy to remove just with fingernail, so obviously something was a little sticky in there…

Cube iWork 10 Ultimate Android hacking & development discussion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/iwork-10

Flubski
    Participant

Thanks for confirming this.

After trying again to no avail, I got out a dental tool I had laying around and lightly “massaged” all along the edge of the card. Sometime on the second pass i finally heard that magic click and out it popped. Now it’s easy to remove just with fingernail, so obviously something was a little sticky in there…

Exactly the same happened to me 😀
    First time inserting the SD Card, it seemed to be stuck and I had to take it out with a tool.
    Since then I had no problems anymore …

dlink377
    Participant

I experience the same when first time inserting the card, it is very hard to get it in, and even harder to get it out. I remember i just keep pushing until it just pops out. After few insert/remove on the slot, it is just working fine.

Well, cannot expect so much from tablet that is relatively cheap compared to others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar