How to reset the bios with the screen?

How to reset the bios with the screen?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast X5 Pro How to reset the bios with the screen?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alexey Zilber
    Participant

Hi All,

I was messing around in the bios to see if I can somehow enable the usb-c charging and I enabled Thunderbolt in the bios.  When I rebooted, I get garbage from the graphics card.  I need to be able to reset the bios to factory setting.  Is there a button sequence or a jumper on the board that will reset the bios?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Alexey Zilber
    Participant

Well, I figured it out.  Completely drain the battery by charging something with it.  After that, it’s all good.

TBoneBL
    Participant

Replying for others that may find this later.  This is the correct solution if anyone ever messes up the BIOS and it won’t boot.  Basically drain the battery by charging a phone or something with it via the USB port.  ALL. THE. WAY. and then give it a few presses of the power button to be sure it’s completely drained, then plug it in and wait 10-15 mins while it gets some initial charge.  Then hold down the power button for 8-10 seconds and it should boot up like nothing ever happened.

Basically resets the CMOS to defaults (BIOS defaults).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password