How's the Anniversary Update on our HiBook?

How's the Anniversary Update on our HiBook?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion How's the Anniversary Update on our HiBook?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    glyko
    Participant

Anyone installed it yet? Stable and usable or buggy mess?

zozzo
    Participant

It works. Bug: lockscreen background picture doesn’t show up when letting the tablet sleep for more than around 10 minutes.

Despite the promises no improvements in performance though, Edge browser still loads heavy pages dead slow, some sites take almost 10 seconds to appear. It is even a bit worse than before update.  Ok it has extensions and adblocker now, but there was a system wide adblocker available before which could achieve the same. So Chrome destroys Edge in this respect. However Chrome has worse scrolling performance and kills battery faster. Only interesting feature is the Ubuntu subsystem, but 99% of people don’t need that.

So it works, but I wouldn’t bother updating if you don’t need the linux stuff, I think updates won’t make windows better on this tablet. Waste of space and time in my opinion. I use Android most of the time, which is much better optimized for this hardware.

Tmon
    Participant

Hello, I am looking to upgrade to Anniversary update, how did you upgrade? Via automatic update or manually? How much space is required and how much free after update? What is the system wide Adblock you use? Thankyou in advance 🙂

zozzo
    Participant

First I tried the upgrade tool on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/, but although first it said I had enough space ( I had around 23 gigs) then the next screen it said I didn’t have enough. Strange…

Then I used Media Creation tool in which I chose Upgrade this PC now, and the whole process completed in about 2 hours.

I can’t find the exact adblocker tool now, but it basically did this:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/blocking-ads-in-microsoft-edge-via-the-hosts-file-495095.shtml

Tmon
    Participant

Thanks the reply, I will check it out! As long as it doesn’t mess Android up as like you said that is much more optimized 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar