I can;t believe its been three months and no help….

I can;t believe its been three months and no help….

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi8 Discussion I can;t believe its been three months and no help….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Vitelli
    Participant

Here’s my problem in video form. Can someone help me please??  https://youtu.be/TrbtDoa_i4I

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, Looks like the Windows install has corrupted itself or the install has gone bad. You would have to reflash or install Windows.

Make a bootable Windows 8.1/10 usb flash drive use a hub and install it . Using the drivers from the Chuwi vi8 section to and install them to restore the drivers.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Mark Vitelli
    Participant

Chris,

Thank you. I did make a bootable windows 8.1 usb drive and I connected it through the OTG cable but when I was in the setup menu I could not get the USB to be the #1 Boot device. It says to use the F5 or F6 keys to rearrange them but that does not work at all all that does for me is make the #1 boot device (Which is some weird thing I have never seen before_ change numerically in a drop down screen I think it’s something like as3 as4 as5 or something like that. I cannot get USB, which is at #2 to move up to #1. Now I forgot how to get into the setup menus.Damn. Any other suggestions?

Thank you very much.

BTW I did download the entire windows 8.1 drivers for the tablet and I have them sitting in a folder on my PC.

Mark Vitelli
    Participant

Disregard my comment about forgetting how to get into Bios. I remembered. Keyboard/esc

Neil
    Participant

After pressing/holding ESC key during startup you need to select the bootable USB stick from the Boot Manager option in the bios splashscreen, this is the only way i have ever been able to successfully boot on my Vi8, ive only been successful in booting Windows 10 USB installers after creating them with the official Microsoft download tool,USB’s created with Rufus or the old Microsoft USB creator refused to boot either, for whatever reason only the Win10 downloader tool is able to create a bootable USB compatible with this particular tablet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar