I got EZBook 3 PRO with Toshiba EMMC AND Intel AC3165

I got EZBook 3 PRO with Toshiba EMMC AND Intel AC3165

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series I got EZBook 3 PRO with Toshiba EMMC AND Intel AC3165

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Golden model from Geekbuying.com: http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Jumper-EZbook-3-Pro-Laptop-Gold-379934.html

No mention about Intel WLAN… Anybody else got this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Nice so no slower FORSEE eMMC and the Wifi AC.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Oliver
    Participant

Hey, that’s good news! I also received a golden model from Geekbuying the other day, but only have turned it on for a few seconds and jumped into the BIOS setup immediately, just to see, if it’s generally functioning. Now I’m curious, which WIFI chip and eMMC I will find inside my unit.

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

I’m positively surprised with this, under 200 euros and it feels premium. Touchpad is the only thing to complain but with few tweaks it’s better. Display is great, keyboard is good, and all around feel of the casing is really good.

I have already ordered a cheap samsung 128gb m.2 2280 ssd (only 39€) and some thermal pad to put between heatsink and bottom part of the case.

Meowfei
    Participant

Geekbuying website says the M.2 SSD slot is limited to 128GB… Is this really true? That seems rather limiting. I would have preferred 256GB SSD. Is that possible?

MakaanPL
    Participant

I have ordered silver AC version on Gearbest a week ago ($250), unfortunately there is still a slow eMMC.

TouchPad is terrible, everything else looks OK.

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

I don’t believe there is any limitation for M.2 SSD size… Same thing as there were limitation on SATA-port for disk size, i don’t think so.

CM
    Participant

Hey, that’s good news! I also received a golden model from Geekbuying the other day, but only have turned it on for a few seconds and jumped into the BIOS setup immediately, just to see, if it’s generally functioning. Now I’m curious, which WIFI chip and eMMC I will find inside my unit.

Love to know what you find.

sportnok
    Participant

There’s always one that has to be different!!   What to swap??  😉

So is this classed as version 4?

If only they could make the charging wire longer and fit a type C usb…

Shaq
    Participant

Hi, so no difference with m.2 ssd slot & wifi ac other than color & price?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Jumper-EZbook-3-Pro-Laptop-Gold-379934.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Jumper-EZbook-Pro-Laptop-Silver-377686.html

Can you add m.2 ssd with the gold version? The chat support says the gold one doesn’t (which I’m doubtful since you mentioned otherwise)

So  just need  some confirmation here

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Havent opened this yet. Better be with m.2 because already ordered ssd for this. I believed the title where it says m.2.

Shaq
    Participant

I asked again, apparently the tech support was mistaken and it does have m.2 ssd slot

But still, it’s better to open it up and inspect it. I’m just a few clicks away from buying it so hopefully you can confirm it soon

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

I’m at work so after seven hours when I get home I’ll take it apart.

sportnok
    Participant

In the description given by geekbuying they say it has the M.2  slot but it doesn’t actually say it’s got the AC WiFi. It’s all a bit of a lottery when choosing who to buy your 3 pro from. But definitely good news if they have gone back to using the Toshiba eMMC, although having done read/write speed tests just moving pictures and music, the difference isn’t as dramatic as the speeds shown on crystal mark would suggest.

Juha Pirinen
    Participant

Fuck. It has a SSD-port for the adapter where the M.2 drive goes to, but that´s it. Motherboard is REV 01. I can live with the EMMC but I’m pissed because I already ordered the M.2 SSD and now it’s useless.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar