i7 Book Keyboard

i7 Book Keyboard

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book i7 Book Keyboard

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andre 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Brian
    Participant

Hello, I have just registered with the forum and am looking for immediate help.

I am about to take the plunge and get an i7book, based in the site review. However, when I look at the Gearbest reviews “Joe” raves about the tablet but says the keyboard (presumably the one Gearbest is offereing to pair with the tablet – CDK09 reference) is rubbish. The review made no adverse comments, so can anybody help with additional information, both good and bad, before I make the jump. Thanks in anticipation of your help

Brian

P.S. “Joe” says he comments about the keyboard in his reveiw, but I don`t know where to find that!

Thomas Law
    Participant

The keyboard is very good indeed, except its weight.

Brian
    Participant

Thanaks for that. Since I shall normally be using the tablet at home, that`s not a problem for me.

It<code>s just a pity “Joe” didn`t  elaborate on his reasons for believing it to be rubbish.

Thanks again

Brian

Sing Along
    Participant

The touchpad is way too sensitive. I just off it.

Brian
    Participant

Thanks for that observation. On that basis do you just use the touch screen to navigate around? Do you use the left/right click options to select?

My order is now placed, so am waiting eagerly for it.

Brian

Likoum
    Participant

I switch off the trackpad when I can use a mouse but when I use the tablet in the sofa or bed, I use the touchpad and even if it is not a good touchpad, it’s still workable …

Ben
    Participant

Yeah, the touchpad isn’t great. I often end up with the desktop without wanting it… I think it is because it registeres a touch at the top as a vertical swipe.

Brian
    Participant

Yes, I can understand the frustration, but as long as there is a workaround or fudge, then we cant complain - we didn`t pay microsoft surface prices. Have you downloaded the Win10 Anniversary Update and found any improvement after that with the pad?

Brian

Likoum
    Participant

No improvement with W10 anniversary …

Brian
    Participant

I searched the web and found a procedure to change the sensitivity for Asus machines – it required that  software was installed to adjust the mouse as well as the pad. I dont know if such devices, like mice are pretty generic, thus offering the opportunity to use it (if it can be sourced - which I didn</code>t look for). However, I don<code>t know if that would overcome your problem of interpreting a touch as something different at the screen top - looks as though that probably is more of a hardware problem(?), but I cant imagine Cube made their own track pad, so perhaps….if it becomes a frustrating problem try to find who made it and pursue that avenue. Anyway, such things are still in the future for me – the tablet has only just been given to DHL . Thanks for your comments

Brian

maus
    Participant

A question for the owners: are the two USB 2.0 ports capable of powering a large (2 TB or more) 2,5″ external hard drive?

Andre
    Participant

A question for the owners: are the two USB 2.0 ports capable of powering a large (2 TB or more) 2,5″ external hard drive?

My 2,5″ 2 TB hard drive doesn’t work at the USB 2 Ports of the keyboard.

maus
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the feedback, did you also have the chance to try a smaller hard drive?

Ok, thanks for the feedback, did you also have the chance to try with a smaller hard drive?

Andre
    Participant

Yes, my 64GB USB3 flash drive works well.

I think the 2,5″ hard drive gets not enough power.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password