Improve Cube i7 book audio by a noticeable margin

Improve Cube i7 book audio by a noticeable margin

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Improve Cube i7 book audio by a noticeable margin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Mario Fajardo
    Participant

Messing around with the audio trying to improve it to a more decent state, I was able to find a place where I’m happy with, or at least as happy as you can be with the poor speakers this tablet has. For reference I do manage to understand with sufficient clarity at 70 volume. First the usual disclaimer, you are on your own, I am not responsible for any problems that might arise (I’ll try to help though)
    For this you will need DFX software: http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/download.php First you will need to turn on one config inside your audio settings.Right click the taskbar audio icon, select speakers properties, enhancements tab. There, enable loudness equalization as shown in the image
    Then install DFX software, and enable it. Depending on what you are hearing you may need to change between both music modes and speech option available. 

Depending on what you are going to hear choose one option or other, but as usual your mileage may vary since they are different modes. I did not try messing around with DFX Audio options too much, mostly using defaults, but there may be some extra room for improvement there. But with defaults you should notice a decent loudness improvement over the default setting, making it at least usable on slightly noisy environments. Nothing to write home about, but quite pleased with it. And sorry if my post formatting sucks :/

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great post, this does sound better.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Solaris
    Participant

You can use the Realtek audio manager to set the loudness equalization, and maybe the audio enhancements. I know there are a few EQ presets for different types of music genres in the manager somewhere

Mario Fajardo
    Participant

But for what I’ve tried with them, they don’t “improve” audio loudness or quality, they just improve a small bit of the audio, while butchering every other aspect of it, which is why I don’t recommend them. BUt i you find them good enough for your purposes, power to you.

Marco Bianchi
    Participant

i can confirm
    dfx runs good , it change also the stereo image and can improve other settings

Nawab arzoo
    Participant

I am thinking of replacing internal speaker so that I could have good audio quality .. can anyone say what would be proper dimensions of the speakers .

DOgi
    Participant

You may try app called Equalizer APO. It can be downloaded from official repository here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

After running the application all you need is setting Preamplification to 5-10 dB (marked red in attachment).

I also use it to improve sound quality when using different headphones. That’s why I have several Equalizer presets defined.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Katagiri
    Participant

I was wondering… did anyone update the Realtek audio driver? There’s a new version from January.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

I was wondering… did anyone update the Realtek audio driver? There’s a new version from January.

Just updated. Can’t notice any difference, still very quiet. I’m using SRS Audio Sandbox to boost volume & bass a little.

Katagiri
    Participant

Just updated. Can’t notice any difference, still very quiet. I’m using SRS Audio Sandbox to boost volume & bass a little.

Maybe it’s not worth the hassle.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

Always nice to be up-to-date 😉 Not much hassle really.

Rafael
    Participant

DFX audio enhancer did work for me, thanks

Katagiri
    Participant

Always nice to be up-to-date ? Not much hassle really.

If you say so, I still have the drivers I downloaded for my desktop and laptop. I’ll give it a try.

FUCKTECHTABLET
    Participant

You may try app called Equalizer APO. It can be downloaded from official repository here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ After running the application all you need is setting Preamplification to 5-10 dB (marked red in attachment). I also use it to improve sound quality when using different headphones. That’s why I have several Equalizer presets defined.

Thanks. This work for my Mix Plus

FUCK FUCKTECHTABLET

Pier Paolo
    Participant

You may try app called Equalizer APO. It can be downloaded from official repository here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/ After running the application all you need is setting Preamplification to 5-10 dB (marked red in attachment). I also use it to improve sound quality when using different headphones. That’s why I have several Equalizer presets defined.

Thanks. This work for my Mix Plus

Really superworks! For me it is a very good solution! 100%

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar