Increase android storage?

Increase android storage?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Increase android storage?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BeMoo 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

BeMoo
    Participant

Is it possible to increase android storage (more Android, less Windows)?

J
    Participant

You might be able to adjust the partitions. I rooted android, added an ext4 position to my sd card and installed link2sd. Most of my large android apps are on the sd card now, so I didn’t need to worry about the risky process of adjusting the partitions

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

You might be able to adjust the partitions. I rooted android, added an ext4 position to my sd card and installed link2sd. Most of my large android apps are on the sd card now, so I didn’t need to worry about the risky process of adjusting the partitions

How are the partitions on your sd card? Two primary, first fat32 (how big?), second ext3 (how big)? Are all apps working with link2sd? What happens if the mount point fails at boot or you remove the sd card or it gets damaged?

J
    Participant

I have a 128GB SD card, 112GB fat32 primary, 16GB ext4 primary. I don’t remove the SD card whilst android is running because it will obviously cause problems. Also the init.d scripts weren’t working for me on the stock android on the tablet which meant that the sd wasn’t being mounted at boot. I installed an app called universal init.d which has fixed the problem. I wouldn’t install key apps to the sdcard (eg. Chrome), especially apps which automatically start themselves when you boot android. I just put the large games and things onto SD.

BeMoo
    Participant

Thanks for the reply J.

I don’t wanna root my tablet for the loss of warranty (as far as valid).

BeMoo
    Participant

The android part on my type-c model is only 8gb (7.75 free). Is this normal?

I’d rather see 16gb for Android and 40+ for Windows (now 49.5gb).

Especially since the Android-part don’t allow moving apps (without root)

J
    Participant

I don’t think you likely have much in the way of warranty.. if they accept a tablet with partition alterations but not root then that’s quite bizarre imo

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

saying wont root because of warranty loss is nonsense, you can always flash stock before shipping back. yes normal, the data partition just has 8gb. how does that universal init.d app work? do you have your own custom scripts for mounting all sd partitions or where did you get them?

BeMoo
    Participant

Absolutly true guys 😉 Will Kingroot do the job?

J
    Participant

The app seems simple. It just gets automatically started when android boots and then just executes all installed init.d scripts (obviously it needs root to work). Of course, the scripts don’t execute during init phase this way and execute later (ie. After the UI and possibly other apps have automatically started).

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

The app seems simple. It just gets automatically started when android boots and then just executes all installed init.d scripts (obviously it needs root to work). Of course, the scripts don’t execute during init phase this way and execute later (ie. After the UI and possibly other apps have automatically started).

I don’t get it. It re-starts the scripts a 2nd time which were already started by android? What’s this doing? I thought you were talking about some modified script to mount all partitions of the sd card?

I installed it and it says “no scripts found”.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

Arghs
    Participant

Hi, so I’m trying to do the same thing (increase Android space). Could i flash a modified boot.img (i think this would disable dm-verity?), And then simply resize the partitions? I don’t really want to have to move apps around with link 2sd

J
    Participant

Init.d scripts don’t get executed on boot on my tablet. That’s why i use the app to execute them

BeMoo
    Participant

Maybe the Init.d scripts are also executed at boot but too early (before link2sd starts doing its part)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password