Install Windows Only on X98 Plus Dual Version

Install Windows Only on X98 Plus Dual Version

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Install Windows Only on X98 Plus Dual Version

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Razer Spoon
    Participant

I want to install just Windows only with zero boot menu. Everything reserved for Windows only. I would love a custom version. I messed up my copy of Windows and i gotta reinstall so i decided i might aswell do this. If you got a prep up version from the latest updated one that has the custom config that tells windows how to partition the drive.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Razer Spoon
    Participant

I see but will be bit messy to do. I’m sure there’s a way in the config somewhere in the windows files that they have on their site. I just really want to do this while not having to go through all that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, the Teclast method uses a pre-nov windows 10 image which will involve a lot of updates. If it were me I would follow the parts about the dual boot bios settings then use a usb drive with the newest WinPe image from the MS website. Then you need the latest A5C8 Double Driver pack and install the Teclast drivers.

A nice scripted unattended install would be great, but I haven’t seen any for our tablets, other than the Teclast ones.

P.S. The latest A5C8 windows install pack from SuperCowz might also be another option, as it should contain an updated windows image built specifically for your tablet.
    Max

Razer Spoon
    Participant

I’ll give a shot. Hopefully someone could one day prep a custom one for these tablets.

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

use my win10 file to create your usb WINPE key then remplace the winpart.txt inside   DiskpartFiles folder on your usk key with this one

and your win10 will be installed on the whole emmc deleting all the android partition, and no need to add driver since all is allready included

WIMPART.single.OS.zip

https://mega.nz/#!mAhXzSIK!iGAV-a8hy2N8G1s9Gy1Z96bILS147slzPCGkF269aKg

or you can use too win10 only teclast installer for A5C6, same result

to get rid of dualboot selector, just untick small case top left on menu selector, and it will allway boot straight to win10 .. voila

Razer Spoon
    Participant

Alright will do.

Geoff
    Participant

use my win10 file to create your usb WINPE key then remplace the winpart.txt inside DiskpartFiles folder on your usk key with this one and your win10 will be installed on the whole emmc deleting all the android partition, and no need to add driver since all is allready included <span class=”export-item-title”>WIMPART.single.OS.zip</span> https://mega.nz/#!mAhXzSIK!iGAV-a8hy2N8G1s9Gy1Z96bILS147slzPCGkF269aKg or you can use too win10 only teclast installer for A5C6, same result to get rid of dualboot selector, just untick small case top left on menu selector, and it will allway boot straight to win10 .. voila

I can’t seem to track down a link to your win10 file… Can you please provide one, if it’s still available?

Thanks!

Geoff
    Participant

Much like going to the washroom at a restaurant guarantees your food will arrive without you, asking for a link seems to guarantee you’ll find it right afterwards just to look extra foolish lol.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/x98-air/development/teclast-x98-plus-review-root-info-t3315108

Link above for anyone else as blind as me!

Dominik
    Participant

Hello, i don’t have that check box in the left corner and found out how to disable the menu:

go to windows -> press start -> type “command prompt” -> right click -> run as administrator -> run the following command:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu no

Same thing if you want to reactivate it:

bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes

found here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teclast-tbook-restore-dual-boot-menu/42df64a9-98bc-490b-af0c-d11df7202e3d

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar