Is it risky to connect the Mix Plus to pc through usb?

Is it risky to connect the Mix Plus to pc through usb?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Is it risky to connect the Mix Plus to pc through usb?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hugh 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone. Thats my question. Can I break the Cube Mix Plus if I connect it to a PC through USB, just like a cellphone?  Does the pc reconigze it?

Thanks.

Nero
    Participant

how is that even possible … following closely

Anonymous

Hi Nero.  Did you do this connection? I´ve read some tablets, including Mac Book,  can do a shortcircuit if you dont use a special PC to PC USB cable. . I´ve already broken a tablet vía usb port, so I am a bit paranoic.  Did you tried it? I would like to try a program to convert the tablet in a second monitor (with “twomon usb” program), and it must be done through the USB port.

PS: In fact, I am ussing that special USB cable, but it only allows to share files. I can´t use it to link the Twomon.

Thanks for your time!

Anonymous

Maybe this doesn´t seem useful, but for those who use the Cube mix for illustration and design, it may be used like a mini Wacom Cintiq through usb connection (or Cintiq Companion) using “Twomonusb” program. This is very useful because you can use the performance of a desktop pc and drawing on the entire screen of the tablet (Without any toolbars, using the tablet as second monitor). Besides, using the pc desktop cpu I hope to avoid to demand to the tablet´s cpu (it burns like HELL >:(   ).  I´ve already tried “Chrome remote desktop”, but it  works as a mirror monitor, it lags, and it doesn´t support the sensitive Wacom pen.  So maybe this is not a smart question, but has anyone connected this tablet to a desktop or latop using usb ports with out any short or any kind of problem? Thanks.

Hugh
    Participant

Preliminary stuff, needed to answer your question:

As  I understand it, USB traditionally had Hosts and Devices.  USB A connectors were for Hosts and USB B connectors were for Devices.  OTG kind of mixes these up.

The USB 3.0 Micro-B SuperSpeed socket on the Mix Plus sure looks to me like a Device connector (it looks just like one on recent portable hard drives).  But the dongle supplied with the computer converts it to a USB 3.0 A socket.  And it works as a Host.  I don’t really understand this.

The tablet’s USB 3.x C socket could be either Host or Device.  The same socket is used for both in the USB standard for C.

Maybe this is explained somewhere, but I haven’t noticed.  I’d like to know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password