is the stylus nice enough to write propely?

is the stylus nice enough to write propely?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum is the stylus nice enough to write propely?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mario Alfonso
    Participant

well,  was totally decided to buy this tablet, but i saw the cube iwork11 that i have read has a better stylus. My question is: is the teclast x16 pro nice enough to use it to write and take notes at university? i am looking for a replacement for my old galaxy note pro, wich writed quite nice. I read that the teclast has some lost of precision when writing at the corners of the screen.

If some of you that own this tablet could tell me his/her opinion about the stylus usability i will be very glad ^^

PD: excuse my poor english pls

Madhu
    Participant

Hi, I have been experimenting writing with the stylus for about a week now. The summary is that it is reasonable if using the right tool.

It seems to work best with OneNote desktop in W10 OS. Also, the handwriting recognition works quite well in MS Word 2013 that I have. In OneNote 2013 the palm resting on the screen can change zoom while you are inking, making this quite annoying. This is not there in the OneNote desktop version. Also pen doesn’t work well in Android. So this is not a surface pro3 🙂 but can be useful and price can’t beat. It doesn’t have the hovering curson which can be a deal breaker.

Mario Alfonso
    Participant

first of all thanyou sou much!! ^^

do you think it is usable the most of the time right? I am planing to use it mainly to write with one note, so the experience should  be nice enugh?

and finally, will you choose this ore the cube iwork 11 ?

thx 🙂

Nihi Lianth
    Participant

I’ve been using the Stylus everyday at the Uni for almost 4 weeks now. You really just have to get used to it.

I’ve been using the OneNote app aswell as onenote 2016. The app is actually better right now in my opinion. Unlike 2016, it supports shape detection and smoothing and allows you to turn off touch zoom, which is Reeeeally annoying, even though other options like text recognition only work in the 2016/2013 versions.

Some thing that I’ve noticed are :

• it’s rather loud compared to surface stylus for example.
    • The reaction time on the buttons is a bit long (if you hold the eraser button and try to erase something, it does not instantly do so, you have to really rub it in sometimes :D)
    • The stylus tip registration is inconsistent near the edges. Your lines may look longer when drawn near the edges
    • The screen protector that comes with teclast is really shite – it got completely scratched on the first day and I am yet to find a proper replacement
    • The display seems to have some small blind spots for the stylus registration
    • This ISN’T a wacom-like stylus so you don’t have any hover effect

While these issues may be kind of annoying at times, it really is okay for the money. When you get used to those gimmicks, you can write with it without problems. As the above post says: Don’t expect it to be as good as a Surface 😛

Cheers, Nihi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar