Is there a better stylus for x16 Pro?

Is there a better stylus for x16 Pro?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum Is there a better stylus for x16 Pro?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Nihi Lianth
    Participant
    Hello everyone, as the thread name says, did anyone happen to come across a better stylus than the one Teclast is selling? I'd like to have one that is more silent, as the clicking really gets annoying over time.

I've been trying to get some information on tablets using the same touch IC utilized by Teclast (Seems to be Goodix GT9110 combined with GT930 IC inside the stylus).

So far I've only found one tablet using that IC, ut unfortunately the stylus provided with it seems to be the same as the teclast one (trekstor stylus)

Cheers, Nihi

HolloH
    Participant

Hello,

What you mean the sound of clicks are annoying? From the buttons on the stylus u mean? ? I didnt receive mine yet but for 30 euro i guess i would open it to se how i can tweak and lower some bad clicking noise

life's an hologram.

Patatorz
    Participant

Hello,

I just received the stylus but without any manual I don’t know what the 2 buttons are standing for. Could you help me to understand how to use this device.

Best regards

Nihi Lianth
    Participant
    @HolloH I mean the clicking sound from plastic tip touching the plastic screen, which is pretty audible :D , I don't think there is much that can be done about that except maybe rubberizing the tip or replacing it with another. Well, or just finding another stylus with the same chip, just less crappy.
    @Patatorz I believe they only function for apps that support Microsoft Inking. The first button from the tip is context menu (or lasso Select in OneNote). Second button is the eraser. There is a manual for this model (Although it states Trekstor), scroll down for the english version Manual PDF
    Madhu
    Participant

The inking with the stylus is not as nice as surface pro. I am slightly disappointed although it is perhaps too much to expect a $300 product to equal a $600 one. I was thinking based on reviews of other products such as ASUS 8″ inking tablet and HP’s tablet that perhaps this one would be nice too but as it is it is barely acceptable.

1. Biggest problem is that there is no cursor, the hovering cursor. So you don’t precisely know where the cursor is although you get fairly close since the tip is quite fine.
    2. In MSW10 OneNote I am finding that the pen is missing strokes unless I am slow and deliberate. Perhaps this is a question of training? I didn’t need any such training for Surface pro. This happens especially when you try fine writing. This is also a disappointing. Pressure makes a small difference.
    3. Writing sensation feels tolerable. You still realize you are writing on glass and there is a bit of slipperiness but I can live with this.
    4. I suspect that driver is MSW10 generic one and perhaps that may be the issue. If this is so then getting the right driver and calibrating the screen may perhaps solve all these problems? I hope.
    HolloH
    Participant

The inking with the stylus is not as nice as surface pro. I am slightly disappointed although it is perhaps too much to expect a $300 product to equal a $600 one. I was thinking based on reviews of other products such as ASUS 8″ inking tablet and HP’s tablet that perhaps this one would be nice too but as it is it is barely acceptable.

1. Biggest problem is that there is no cursor, the hovering cursor. So you don’t precisely know where the cursor is although you get fairly close since the tip is quite fine.

In fact you can set the cursor and otehr settings in settings/devices manager/stylus/show cursor.

Also for this price it’s still cool to be able to use such a stylus, Surface pro 3 is still over priced and i don’t even talk about the pro4.

Hopefully there’s still can be some software adjustement in future. but no other stylus will work for now on this tablet

life's an hologram.

Madhu
    Participant

@HolloH,

Indeed the price pont and utiility is beyond question and comparison.

However, the driver seems to be an old 2006 Windows standard one. The cursor doesn’t show up with any of the Settings configuration. There is no facility I could find for calibration. My pen spots slightly below its location. That is if I start from a hypothetical 0,0 for pen position the inking  spot corresponds to 0,-3mm or so. And of course the hovering cursor is entirely not there independent of the toggling the pen settings in the Settings menu.

Writing slow and with pen width set to small helps in precision. You just don’t know where the curson is to s precision of +/- 3 to 5mm or so. I am wondering if the protective film has a deleterious effect, didn’t check yet.

HolloH
    Participant

@Madhu,

Thing is a follow-up of specific software updates with chinese devices of all kind are kind of utopia…

I personally took the screen protector straight off when received i received my x16power as i got the keyboard case and a 12inch pouch. And i have no such misalignment with my pen. Maybe a pixel or 2 but with some sketch app from the store (autodesk or sketches)  the drawing experience is really great to me as the pressure for thickness/transparency works as well as the accuracy of touch and the smoothness of moves. Ofc its not as perfect as the surface 4pro but still awsome for me.

Anyway if yu still experience bad positioning or responsiveness i suggest that u change the pen.

life's an hologram.

murdic
    Participant

Does the stylus work in Android OS at all?     Has anyone used it for suitable apps?

Alberto
    Participant

Im having some problems with it on the X16PRO.

Main problem is that when making annotations on PDF or trying to draw different traces “lifting the pen-tip off the screen” it will make a continuous trace from the end of the previous to the next screen position of the tip.

Weird, isnt it?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks big time

Gareth Reeves
    Participant

I have a teclast pen for the x16 pro can’t get it to work at all. It the metal one with blue light when on. just does nothing. Odd thing is the side of the pen activates the touch on the screen but not the point of the pen!

Any Ideas?

Madhu
    Participant

I started having intermittent issues with my stylus not even being recognized or missing strokes. I guessed that it was a battery contact issue. I inserted a tight folded pad of aluminum foil into the pen and then inserted battery and tightened the cap over it.

Now works like a charm.

Wish i could fix lack of hovering cursor though.

Nihi Lianth
    Participant

I have a teclast pen for the x16 pro can’t get it to work at all. It the metal one with blue light when on. just does nothing. Odd thing is the side of the pen activates the touch on the screen but not the point of the pen! Any Ideas?

You’ve bought the stylus for teclast x16 plus, not for x16 pro. Since the pro one is discontinued, an alternative must be found. The stylus for trekstor tablets was reported to be working, but it’s a bit pricy @ 30€. Maybe there are other tablets out there that usw the same chip? I’ve lost my stylus at the uni recently, so i will have to find some replacement aswell now. :/

Nihi Lianth
    Participant

I’ve received my Chuwi HI 12 pen today (http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-accessories/pp_363077.html) and I can confirm that it works out of the box. If it doesn’t work for you, try using the frequency switch button (you can select 3 different frequencies).

Martin
    Participant

@Nihi:

I ordered the mentioned Chuwi HI 12 pen, but it doesn’t work with my Teclast X16 pro.

How can I switch the frequency?

Any ideas why it won’t work?

Thanks.

MFG Naumi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password