HiBook Pro: Is there actually a Z8350 version? + other Q's

HiBook Pro: Is there actually a Z8350 version? + other Q's

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion HiBook Pro: Is there actually a Z8350 version? + other Q's

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  athanato 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

arshad
    Participant

Hibook Pro: Most places list it as having a Z8300 CPU, although some list Z8350, although I wasn’t sure if that’s just a mistake. Is there actually a version of this with the more powerful Z8350? If so, is there a place to buy where I can be sure I am getting the 350 (I don’t think I can trust sites like banggood to actually give me the 350 vs the 300).

Some other questions if you don’t mind:

• Like other Chuwi tablets, is the android OS on this unable to read exFAT/NTFS SD cards? And if so, can this be easily fixed by rooting?
    • Can the tablet play MKV files?
    • Is there big black bars when playing 16:9 content on this 16:10 ratio tablet, or are they quite small?
    • Can Android partition recognise external hard drive, and if not can this be fixed?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, yes there is a Z8350 version. It’s slightly faster than the Z8300 but barely noticable.

1. Unable to read it, will need root and some work etc
    2. Yes
    3. Little black bars
    4. I think it can if its formatted correctly.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

arshad
    Participant

Thanks very much for your help 🙂

Would you happen to have a link to a guide for rooting the HiBook Pro? And just wondering, is there any indication that Chuwi are about to release a successor to this tablet? I guess it’s quite old now and I don’t want to order it and find its immediately been superseded!

athanato
    Participant

Thanks very much for your help ? Would you happen to have a link to a guide for rooting the HiBook Pro? And just wondering, is there any indication that Chuwi are about to release a successor to this tablet? I guess it’s quite old now and I don’t want to order it and find its immediately been superseded!

There is nothing to root as this is basically a windows computer, you just install your OS of choice like any other computer. For multi-OS boot you would need a boot manager to achieve this which is what Chuwi had to do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password