Iwork12 back to stock fully dualboot working TUTORIAL

Iwork12 back to stock fully dualboot working TUTORIAL

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork12 Iwork12 back to stock fully dualboot working TUTORIAL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Edgar
    Participant

Hey guys. To fresh it up here :

A short tutorial how to go back to stock (android and win10) with full dualboot setup. Because some people claimed that they had problems to boot to android after doing the chinese stuff.

First : I telled it below, but i tell it here again : Skip the first Step from the chinese tutorial ! This is updating your Bios. DO NOT DO IT

Yesterday i killed my Iwork12.

Little Story :

I did not want the bloatware on windows 10. Yes there was bloatware! And i decided to deleete it by hand and install my language, not english. Installing the update did not work.

So i decided to flash windows only. And then the fun goes on :

After a few trys with my usb-drive and serveral errors (funny errors :D) it started to install windows10. I had to deleete all the partitions (maybe 8-12 partitions, (some double O_o).

So after the installation and all updates :

No touch working, because of wrong touchpad driver. It was recognised as a normal PNP-Monitor. The second problem : 8 Devices was not recognised in the hardware manager ! Windows could not found driver for it.

Pulling out the drivers from the dump.zip did not work, because many driver was missing. So i downloaded the original rom and i tryed to pull the drivers from the original windows 10 image out. That did not work. And iam not a computer noob.

In the end :

Battery was not working.

Wifi was not working.

Sound was not Working.

It wasnt even a tablet. Windows thought it was a computer. No tablet mode…

Then i decided to reinstall the original windows with the chinese tutorial…

I managed to di it and i want to tell how :

When you download the ROM-Files for your Iwork12 there is a .doc-file. A Chinese How to.

The First thing in the .doc file is talking about bios. Skip it if you want to revert to full stock.

First put the android-rom to your usb-drive and plug it in. Boot to bios and change the options like in the tutorial. “ADVANCED—->COMPONENTS” and then there is a Entry which says : “Windows”. Change this to “Android”.

Then reboot directly to bios again and boot from powershell.

The stick restores the partitions and the android.

When it finsihed, boot direct to android to test the system. On the first boot to android after this step, dont wondering, that there is only android to start. The windows sign is not there. No panic ;).

Lets go to step 2. Installing Windows.

Prepare your usb-drive (make free space) and put the stuff what is in the win10 folder inside your stick.

Plug your stick in and boot to bios.

Now inside the bios change the settings under “Advanced—>COMPONENTS” back to Windows.

Then reboot to bios and boot from stick.

Thats all ! The stick copys the original win10 rom. After it installed the win10 rom, you are able to dualboot. The win10 sign appears on bootmanager again.

I was able to download my language and change it ! Because Win10 and android starting there setups ! I had no setups when my iwork12 arrived. It was all preinstalled with the “cube”-account. But my windows was buggy !

And i could not reset windows ! It was stuck…

bobsontav
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for this. I have exactly the same problem but I cannot find the ROM to download. I have found it on the Cube site but you can only download it with a Baidu account and I can’t figure out how to sign up. Could you share the rom you downloaded with me on a normal sharing site like Drive or something?

Many thanks

bobsontav
    Participant

In case anyone is having the same problem a forum user has kindly posted it on google drive here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-i12-firmware/

sean
    Participant

when i get to the boot from power shell part. it gives me the option to :

press ESC in 1 second to skip startup nsh any other key to skip

basically from there nothing happens.

am i supposed to type in a command or something ?

sean
    Participant

OK so finally after months got it working.

Stupid mistake.

I didn’t put the android files in the root of the USB, I copied the entire folder to the USB.

Finally have the dual boot back.

Thanks

Adam Szollosi
    Participant

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for this description!

It helped me to restore the Android system on the tab, but I failed to restore the windows10. It doesn’t go past the “press ESC in * second to skip startup.nsh any other key to skip”

Could you please give me some more details how to set things up to get it work?

I have the pendrived connected via OTG adapter, keyboard on usb, pendrive named WINPE, formatted to NTFS, all files from the win10 folder copied to the root folder.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Szollosi
    Participant

Hi Sean,

I have a simmilar issue as you had, only with the windows system.

I managed to restore the Android system on the tab, but I failed to restore the windows10. It doesn’t go past the “press ESC in * second to skip startup.nsh any other key to skip”

Could you please give me some more details how to set things up to get it work?

I have the pendrived connected via OTG adapter, keyboard on usb, pendrive named WINPE, formatted to NTFS, all files from the win10 folder copied to the root folder.

Thanks,

Adam

Luca D’Anna
    Participant

hi, can someone help me to find the drivers for windows ??
    I need those of: battery, sound card, bluethooth ….
    The links on this page are not functional.
    Thank you .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar