iwork8 Air – OverHeating

iwork8 Air – OverHeating

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion iwork8 Air – OverHeating

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wokacam
    Participant

my model, bought on octouber. is overheating and crash many times, in andoid and windows. after some time of use, if it overheat i think that the proccessor stops and imagem and sound crash. appear a black screen with some white noises bugs and sometimes a shrill/hiss sound and then it restarts. i think i need a cooler solution for this.

OptoMan
    Participant

saw you’re a gamer — so making some judgements on what apps you run — heavy on the cpu, gpu, ram, and might forget to tone down apps/settings you can live without.  if you do that, you can safely change a bios setting, DVMT (dynamic video memory technology) and set it higher, a constant 256 or something.

what I’m seeing is a loaded android system doing what it thinks it should, and you running a couple heavy apps (could be just GPM, chrome and google search with bells and whistles) — when you throw a large app at the cpu if you’re low on ram we have an OOM (out of memory), or even when approaching oom, say 70-85% .. time to put apps to sleep, save where they were and cache to slow internal storage.  while pretending it quickly doing what you wanted to do.   same story, let’s also send stuff to gpu, and want MORE system ram for video memory.

hope that makes sense .. same for windows .. all is well

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar