iwork8 Air Pro: Boot from External Drive

iwork8 Air Pro: Boot from External Drive

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion iwork8 Air Pro: Boot from External Drive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John T
    Participant

Does anyone know how to do this?  Or is it not possible?  If I connect a bootable USB drive via a powered hub, the UEFI “BIOS” doesn’t seem to see it although it is available in Windows.  TIA.

Chris G
    Keymaster

It should work from the bios, with a keyboard plugged in it, hit Esc or del to enter the bios then from the save & exit menu launch your external drive if it’s formatted GPT it should boot for Linux for example.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

John T
    Participant

Chris,

Thanks for the input.  I’ve changed the usb drive from MBR to GPT and was hopeful that would be the solution but the UEFI “BIOS” still doesn’t see it as a bootable option.  I’m unsure as to what you mean by “from the save & exit menu launch your external drive” as that doesn’t seem to be an option there.

TIA

John

Uday
    Participant

I have iwork8 dual boot (windows 10 and android 5.1).  32 gb is not enough to even upgrade windows 10. I was unable to leave as any programs so I tried to create more space and while partition Editing deleted a wrong partition since then my tab does not boot at all.

how can I repair my tablet?  I have everything thing needed …. resources no problem. But so far no luck . Attached pic sows screen tried to boot from USB . No luck . Have the image of the hdd and can use that usb to boot my laptop . It boots as if it is Cube. But the. That usb too does not boot TAB.

Need help badly.

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dirga Brajamusti
    Participant

have you try using the firmware?

Uday
    Participant

Have the firmware .rar . With instructions I have I create 2 USBs one for Windows 10 and one from android … but then tablet does not boot from them.

i have a usb which has image copy of my TABLET C drive  and that boots on my LAPTOP … as if laptop is CUBE TABLET. BUT EVEN THAT USB tablet does not boot

Uday
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for the reply…
    I do have the firmware .rar file from the official cube site for my Model i1TF <br clear=”none” />But no luck so far …
    I hope your help may take me to resolve the problem…. I can send screenshots/pics at any stage you want .
    Mean time I would try link sent by you. And let you know what happens
    Thanks again.
    Look forward for more technical help from you sir
    Regards
    Uday
    Uday
    Participant

Have extracted files BIOS, WIN 10 , Chinese 1 (understand its android) and Chinese 2 (op instructions)

created BIOS and WIN 10 pin one USB … does not boot tablet

created ANOTHE USB with Android and BIOS … does not boot tablet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar