[solved] Jumper 5S SD Card disappearing

[solved] Jumper 5S SD Card disappearing

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series [solved] Jumper 5S SD Card disappearing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tavoc
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a Jumper 5S with a Sandisk 128GB SD Card. Normally it works OK with Windows 10, but with heavy load it disappears from Windows.

Only way to “see” it is to eject and insert it again. This behavior has gotten worse over the time. Is there a known fix for this?

Furthermore the SD card does not “click” into the socket, somehow the physical contact is not very good. Thats means I can pull at the SD card to remove it without pressing it first (like in a mobile phone). Is it possible to repair it, or should I glue it?

Does anyone know if this tablet has an M2 Slot inside?

alan
    Participant

I had problems like this with my 5se, turned out it was the memory card. It happened with one card, checking the card showed file allocation errors. After repairing it was ok for a few weeks then started happening again. Eventually it started doing the same, this time the memory card was diagnosed faulty by the test software. The card was (eventually) replaced by the retailer. Exactly the same happened with the replacement card but it lasted a little longer but this time it was sent to the card manufacturer (Sandisk).  I have to say they were helpful to a point but ultimately couldn’t offer a suitable solution so I was refunded. After researching cards carefully I got a Samsung Evo+ which is more resilient than standard cards- I particularly saw the high temperature claim because the Zopo can get very hot and I think that this could have been the problem with the Sandisk cards. Anyhow the higher price for the higher spec has proved worth it- I’ve had no more issues with this Samsung Evo+ card.

Not sure if this is relevant here, if you try it you do this entirely at your own risk- you could cause permanent damage, or difficulty removing tape if it gets loose in the memory slot. I recall a problem where memory cards were being read intermittently and the answer people used was to add a single layer of sticky tape to the back of the card, the extra thickness increased pressure on the memory slot electrical contacts.

Please don’t forget to post your solution to your problem if you find one- it could help other users in the future!

tavoc
    Participant

Thanks for your comment. I will try a different card and test the other one. I only need a little bit time for it. I will post my results.

tavoc
    Participant

Your idea with the tape did the trick. I put 2 layers of Tesa/Tape on my sd card.

I can read/write over 20GB at once, and the card is not disappearing.

Great, thanks for this idea.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar