Jumper ezbook 3 pro startup problem

Jumper ezbook 3 pro startup problem

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Jumper ezbook 3 pro startup problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rudson
    Participant

Hi everyone…

I got a jumper ezbook 3 pro from AliExpress, it was working fine until, after a month of using it, now it won’t start on Windows 10, it goes to this “Efi shell version 2.50”. I’ve tried to reinstall Windows but it keeps going to efi shell, can someone please help me?

Brad
    Participant

I assume you tried resetting the BIOS settings to default? you didn’t make any backup of your system when it was working???

Rudson
    Participant

I didn’t do backup when it was working. But the bios is set to default

Chris G
    Keymaster

You need to change the boot order back to your eMMC or SSD. If it still doesn’t work, you’ll need to reinstall Windows 10 or factory reset.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Rudson
    Participant

It doesn’t show eMMc or ssd on the boot order, it only shows boot option #1 efi shell..

JL
    Participant

should it be Windows Boot Manager?

Mallo
    Participant

Same problem here.

I think it could be related to WBM: I did a fresh installation of windows 10 on a ssd and everything was fine. Than, after a few days, I formatted the emmc drive (that still had the boot manager and the recovery on it, before I formatted it) and since that day the bios doesn’t even see the emmc nor  the ssd.

I want to try to fix the WBM, but I don’t have my windows USB stick with me right now. I will try tomorrow night and let you know.

Rudson
    Participant

Tanks for the coment, i think we have the same problem, let me know if you fix it.

sipart
    Participant

Same problem here. I think it could be related to WBM: I did a fresh installation of windows 10 on a ssd and everything was fine. Than, after a few days, I formatted the emmc drive (that still had the boot manager and the recovery on it, before I formatted it) and since that day the bios doesn’t even see the emmc nor the ssd. I want to try to fix the WBM, but I don’t have my windows USB stick with me right now. I will try tomorrow night and let you know.

By doing so you have wiped the EFI system partition. I have a m2 SSD installed but I left the EFI system partition on the EMMC after reinstalling Windows on the SSD and wiping the old EMMC windows partition. I could not be bothered to move the EFI parttion to the SSD.

I think to fix you need to do a Win10 install or lots of manual repair steps.

See this thread about moving the EFI partition (if you still had one!) from one drive to another: tenforums<dot>com/installation-upgrade/52837-moving-recreating-efi-partition.html

Mallo
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>So reinstalling windows on the emmc should be enough to get the EFI partition back and the eventually I could move it. Right ?</p>

sipart
    Participant

Look at option 3 in page below. Press F2 (or F11?) on boot with win10 usb install media in to get the boot option menu to boot off it.

partition-tool<dot>com/resource/partition-recovery/restore-repair-deleted-efi-boot-partition-in-windows-10-8-7.html

Mallo
    Participant

yes that did the did the job! thank you very much!

n.b.

if you already have a partition that is the same size as the emmc, before you can create one you have to delete the old one, and you can do that by selecting the volume and using the command delete.

Rudson
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help man, the problem is solved, and tanks all of you who tried to help me, i really appreciate it.

brood68
    Participant

Hi, i’ve got the same problem but on the page you mentioned i see only two options….So where can i find option 3?

Graham Turner
    Participant

How do I do a factory reset on the EZ Book 3 Pro?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar