Just bought an i7 Book, asking for advice

Just bought an i7 Book, asking for advice

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Just bought an i7 Book, asking for advice

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Luigi
    Participant

Hi everyone,

After seeing tons of reviews from Chris I finally decided what my Chinese tablet was going to be, and I choose che Cube i7 Book, mainly because of the Wacom digitizer (it looks way superior to the one used on Chuwi and the pen supports hovering, correct me if I’m wrong) + a Core M3, which is definitely a step up from the usual Atom found in basically all those other tablets. While I wait for it to be shipped, I was looking for a compatible stylus, and it’s driving me insane. The official one is out of stock (and possibly out of production), the ones I found on Aliexpress look like knock-offs. Under the i7 Stylus forum there’s a useful thread which lists compatible styluses (here ).

Since also Surface 1/2 styluses and Bamboo Feel/Feel Carbon styluses are really impossible to find here (in Italy, but they look out of stock pretty much everywhere), this is the only stylus so far that I’ve found. I’m not sure it’s truly genuine, but it looks like the best option I have http://www.ebay.it/itm/Genuine-Original-Dell-Latitude-Tablet-10-ST2-Stylus-Pen-Kit-with-6-Tips-V86GG-/350823812981?hash=item51aeba8f75:g:xzoAAMXQWzNSeMT9

Can anyone confirm if it works or not on the Cube i7 Book?

Also, what’s your experience with the pre-applied screen protector? Since I’m gonna use a stylus do you think it’s a good investment spending 10€ for the glass screen protector (either for scratches, clarity or “feel” when using the stylus)?

Another question: can I avoid spending time and energy in a thermal mod if my usage is going to be pretty basic? I’ll probably gonna do some drawings, sure, but I think it will be more RAM usage than CPU/GPU. Maybe some coding too, but definitely not gaming (except for some 16-bits era emulation) or heavy CPU/GPU things, I have a MacBook Pro for that.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the lengthy post, I wanted to ask my questions as clearly as possible. If you have any other advice for someone who just ordered the Cube i7 Book please tell me! 🙂

Aleksandr
    Participant

You can buy any stylus with Wacom EMR technology (passive, without any battery). Try find old fujitsu/hp laptop stylus. Your dell pen looks like compatible. More info about it(surface 2 have the same digitaizer) http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/tabletpc-compatible-wacom-pens-surface-pro-pro2-only.55416/

Screen protector is scratching not too fast with pen, but I have scratches from keyboard on it. I don’t have experience with glass yet.

Thermal mode not necessary for painting, for big IDE(Visual studio, IDEA) coding, may be.

Luigi
    Participant

Thank you! I’ve tried looking for the styluses in that thread but they’re impossible to find now. I’ll give it a go to the pen I linked, hoping it’s compatible. I’d also like to change the tip to a felt one (I have a Bamboo graphic tablet and an Intuos and I know the difference), I hope old Wacom tips (if I’m able to find them) will fit.

Thanks also for the others info, I think I can live without a thermal mod, and I’ll probably buy the glass screen protector asap.

asan agibetov
    Participant
    Luigi
    Participant

Thanks!

ahrlad
    Participant

Thanks!

I have a stylus left from my old i7, feel free to message me your address if you want it

Katagiri
    Participant

That’s why I like to buy bundles. I saw someone selling a i7 Book along with pen, keyboard and screen protector. I have just a few hours to decide to get it or not.

Luigi
    Participant

Usually true, but at the moment I’m not interested in the keyboard, so I thought I’d go with the tablet + stylus (which is what I’m looking for)

Katagiri
    Participant

Well, I just bought the bundle I said. I saw some sellers with pen and screen protector bundle once but, most of the bundles come with keyboard. It’s a waste of money if you will not use it indeed because it’s not cheap.

Manuel
    Participant
    Rafael
    Participant

I use brotect airglass protector, is great: clean, light, resistant and you get good touch response.

My stylus is the fujitsu t4220, best for our tablet.

I did the complete thermal mod, and the tablet runs much cooler. However with a 1 mm thermal pad of 10cm x 5cm you will get 10 degrees cooler and is very easy to install (unlike the full thermal mod: the cooper plate is harder to get and to cut but you get 20, 30 or more degrees cooler).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar