Just opened tablet and this piece dropped out.

Just opened tablet and this piece dropped out.

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Just opened tablet and this piece dropped out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sing Along
    Participant

<hr />

Any idea where it should be? Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Likoum
    Participant

It’s a piece that help put electronic component and the computer casing to be on the same electric level. So you can either discard it or put it back anywhere you think it is missing (without doing any shortcut obviously).

Studying the picture from other people that have opened the tablet might help you figure out where it could go.

Sing Along
    Participant

Thanks. Will try to figure out from the videos.

Sing Along
    Participant

Hmm.. still can’t figure out where this part come from after watching a few videos.

Any help?

Thanks.

Likoum
    Participant

you can see one in the middle of this picture :

http://techtablets.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Cube-i7-Book-Internals-0507166.jpg

near the webcam. Do you have one there ?

Sing Along
    Participant

Ah. okay. Thanks. Will do that once I open it up again to replace my thermal pad. The current thermal pad I used seems to make the back budge a bit.

Great help there.

Likoum
    Participant

I opened my tablet today so I took a picture of were are those piece in my device. Send me your mail by mp for me to send you the picture (I agree that I am being lazy here but the picture are on my phone so email is the easiest way for me)

Mitsos
    Participant

Ah. okay. Thanks. Will do that once I open it up again to replace my thermal pad. The current thermal pad I used seems to make the back budge a bit. Great help there.

Did you only replace the thermal pad? How thick was the thermal pad that you used? 1mm should be ok?

Benjiro
    Participant

I think he put double op the CPU location. There is a instinct reaction to put a thermal pad in the cpu “cutout” in the Alu head spreader and then put a bigger one over it to cover the Alu heatsink. But the cutout is less then 1mm deep. So your pressing on the backside with that one point because of two 1mm thermal pads. Slightly annoying is a understatement 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar