K9C3 Volume and Power Button not working after update windows

K9C3 Volume and Power Button not working after update windows

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum K9C3 Volume and Power Button not working after update windows

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Elthan
    Participant

I recently update windows which went successfully but just to found out my volume and power are not working , is there any fix to this ? i try update driver but still no joy , thanks a ton

Brynner
    Participant

Same think here when i installed 1703 version creators update. I couln´t fix it and i have to come back to previous version….

Walter
    Participant

Same fu#%€&@ problem here. Is present still Creators update, and wasn’t fixed in Fall Creators. Anybody was succesful to fix it? I searched the web everywhere, and did a lot a install, reinstall, backup, update, etc… But nothing… Help please!

wikis
    Participant

Hi,
    the same problem occurred to me on the K9C6 after the Fall Update. I resolved it in this way:
    1. Download drivers for X98 Pro here (https://techtablets.com/teclast-x98-pro/downloads/) Drivers – X98 PRO Driver Win10 Teclast Drivers Pack , if you don’t have it.
    2. Unpack them into the directory.
    3. Download this install-but.txt to that directory and rename it to install-but.bat.
    4. Run install-but.bat as Administrator.
    5. Restart tablet (maybe not needed, but I recommend it)
    It installs only a few drivers from the set and it will list a few errors, but it works.
    Give feedback if it works for you too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walter
    Participant

Sorry, already tried this. But this didn’t work for me…And I tried it more than one. And before you ask, yes, I did it in administrator mode…

wikis
    Participant

Check 4. and 5. line in my .bat file (bcdedit …), these are important. There are typing error in the original install.bat file!

Walter
    Participant

Will check and give a try. Coming back soon.

Walter
    Participant

Unfortunately, this solution doesn’t work for me, in the K9C6 model at least. Before you ask, yes I corrected the .bat file and execute it in admin mode. Maybe this solution work only on the K9C3 model, but it shouldn’t make any difference… I was skeptic, as I already tried this solution. So unfortunately, I keep searching.

wikis
    Participant

Hmm, that’s a shame 🙁
    You can still try to run in a special boot mode as described here https://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers  (Option Two). I think installation of the right button driver is the key.
    Good luck

Walter
    Participant

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work either. And believe me, I tried everything more than once and in every way possible. The problem is not to install the driver. I don’t receive any error when I install the driver (with the drivers dump or with double driver), in normal mode or in test mode, with any combinaison. The problem seem to be Windows acting like there’s not any drivers installed (in the device manager). Under Anniversary, the  needed drivers appears in the device manager, but since Creators, and after Fall creators, no matter how I install the drivers, Windows is totally blind… I stopped counting the number of time I reinstall windows, the combinaison of update from a version to another, or a clean install of the needed version. So, for now and until a working solution, or a fix from Microsoft, I’ll continue to use Anniversary…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password