K9C6 difficulty switching between windows & android…

K9C6 difficulty switching between windows & android…

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum K9C6 difficulty switching between windows & android…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theriddler
    Participant

OK it seems I have problem with getting into dual boot screen…once in windows or Android tablet happily works away…problem comes when powering down then restarting… tablet will boot back into system previously used (either windows or Android. ..).
    When rebooting, tablet jumps straight past dual boot screen… This is OK in android as there’s an icon to boot to windows. I press this and get into windows, now can’t get back into android….Anyone got any ideas on how to sort this out? I thought maybe the bios may be faulty??? Is it possible just to reflash the K9C6 bios? Thanks for any help…

SORTED – see #13058 … 🙂

Shade
    Participant

I have limited experience, but I ran into this when using Teclast’s built in “Switch to…” apps. Its the BIOS to boot into whichever OS and bypasses the OS choice screen.

To fix it shut the tablet down and turn it back on while pressing the volume up botton. That will get you back to the OS choice on boot and will stay that way until you use one of the “Switch to…” apps.

theriddler
    Participant

Sorry for messy message format… the joys of using smart phone!!

Now edited original text to remove formatting commands…

theriddler
    Participant

Gee that was a quick reply!! Thanks for that …I’ll give it a go!

theriddler
    Participant

By shutting down … do you mean (in windows) selecting power button icon (bottom left of screen) then selecting shut down… just checking to make sure that is how you fully shut down. Also when restarting I first press volume up button then press & hold power button… for how long… until I see teclast logo?? Thanks for help…

SORTED – see #13058 …

theriddler
    Participant

Having reread your post you mention “switch to” apps (as in plural…) does this mean there’s an app somewhere in windows to switch to android??

theriddler
    Participant

OK … I can now get from windows to android … as above post by Chris Schaeffer … I held down volume up button and power button at same time … held them down till the white dual boot screen came up then released both buttons …. (I released buttons as soon as the white screen appeared…).

Thanks Chris! That saved me getting into areas I didn’t really want to go! 🙂

theriddler
    Participant

Hmm … seems like I need to use the volume up and power button every time I want to switch operating systems now… never mind – at least I can do it… I wonder what has got corrupted?? But it does seem to be consistent using volume up + power buttons… did note that when dual boot screen comes up there was a small grey selection box in top left corner next to windows & android icons… so this time I selected that (a tick appeared in the grey box…) … I’ll see what happens… yep that seems to have set things back to normal… that tick box must set the dual boot screen as default start up boot screen & the 10(?) sec countdown timer is back too… Does any body know if there’s an app in the windows section to boot to android (like there is in android to boot to windows…)??

NOTE: Tablet now back to normal and working fine… 🙂

Günter Fleischmann
    Participant

I had the same problem!
    Boot menu came back after pushing power + BOTH volume buttons for startup, then I came into fastboot mode… (I tried to do some root stuff)
    then at the next normal startup the boot options menu came back…
    the next time it was again away (because I didn´t choose the boot menu option in the top left corner)
    since the boot menu appears every time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar