K9C6 Not turning on anymore after Windows Blue screens

K9C6 Not turning on anymore after Windows Blue screens

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum K9C6 Not turning on anymore after Windows Blue screens

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jonnyczi 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jonnyczi
    Participant

Hi everybody!

I tried for so long and now I’m out of options.

I received my K9C6 Tablet a year ago (Samsung eMMC). I deleted all partitions and reinstalled Windows 10 from an ISO along with all the drivers.

It was working great this whole time and now for the past couple of months it has been getting blue screens. After each Blue Screen it would not necessarily turn on right a way so I would have to try a few times. The Blue Screen error was: Stop code: MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION

Each time this happened it would start to happen more frequently and have an even more difficult time to turn on again. When I try to turn it on the screen remains black and off but the tablet is doing something. I know this because the heat spreader gets warm and when I plug in a USB light it turns on. When I long press the power button the light turns off and the heat spreader cools down.

Now I have the tablet dismantled. I managed to start it a few times and each time it would ask me about recovering windows.

I went out to buy a keyboard and managed to get into the bios twice. The first time I changed IGD Turbo to disabled and it rebooted and crashed on windows. Then I tried to boot a windows install USB but it crashed as it was loading. I left it in bios for a few minutes just to see if it would crash but it didn’t.

I have tried discharging the battery completely and recharging it. Disconnected the battery overnight and shorting out the solder pads to make sure the board was drained of power. Lifting the board while turning it on. Pressing on the board while turning it on. I’m all out of ideas.

Any help would be great. I haven’t found anybody with the same issue as me.

Thanks

jonnyczi
    Participant

Bumping my old post. I decided to try again and fix it but I’m still stuck on it. I got the screen to show the charging battery icon a several times and it tried to load windows a few times until it blue screened. I tried an external monitor as well.

Anybody got any ideas? Is there something I need to replace on the board?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password