Keyboard stopped working

Keyboard stopped working

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Keyboard stopped working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tidus
    Participant

So I’ve owned my Cube i9 for just less than a year, purchases at Gearbest. I hardly use it; but I found that when I switched it on this evening I have a problem.

The magnetic keyboard is not recognised – usually I would get a sound notification when plugged in or out in Windows. I cannot use the keyboard to enter the BIOS screen which is possible using a USB keyboard which to me suggests hardware issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I go down the route of a return?

Thanks in advance.

Joaquim
    Participant

I have the same problem. Any help?

Thxs

Chris G
    Keymaster

Sounds odd, must be the pogo pins on the keyboard? Or the connector end on the tablet. Are they are in a good state?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Joaquim
    Participant

Hi. my keyboard works fine on another cube i9. i think is the pogo pin connector have solder leftovers between the pins, see https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66392894&postcount=66

thxs.

Tidus
    Participant

The external connectors on both the keyboard and tablet appear to be in good condition; I cleaned with a little bit of acetone to be sure it was not oil or other debris. I find the suggestion it may be caused by shorted connectors on the pins to be a bit odd, surely such an issue would manifest as soon as power was applied? Once I find my multimeter I will check for continuity between pins which I assume should not be present.

Tidus
    Participant

I am seeing only 0.2 Volts between the two outer most pogo connectors on the tablet. Could anyone possibly test this on their Cube i9 for me?

Tidus
    Participant

I purchased another i9 keyboard for in a Gearbest Sale (£30 from EU warehouse!). The new keyboard also does not work, so the issue is with the tablet. I opened it up to see if there was anything obviously disconnected; but the ribbon cable connecting the mainboard to the pogo pins seems solidly connected.

Does anyone have the ability to to hook up a voltmeter to the external pogo pins while their Cube i9 or iWork 12 is on to see if they can detect 5V between two outermost pins, as suggested on XDA? https://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/cube-i9-t3342113/post66432644#post66432644

Linda
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>My Telcast M40 keyboard isn’t working, I’ve had it less than 6 months</p>

Lindam

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar