Kionix KXCJ9 accelerometer support on Linux

Kionix KXCJ9 accelerometer support on Linux

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Kionix KXCJ9 accelerometer support on Linux

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PioPio 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Greg
    Participant

Has anybody managed to make the accelerometer work on any linux distribution?  Udev seems to detect the device, but I had no luck getting it recognized as a system device. I’ll keep researching…

Greg
    Participant

Managed to make it work as well.

Related kernel patch is about to be integrated in the upcoming kernel versions: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10690261/

I tested this patch on Arch, recompiled the kernel and the accelerometer is recognized perfectly. I also modified a script that I found to support automated rotation based on the accelerometer values. Xrandr SUCKS on handling such rotations, but whatever its our only option for now :/ If anyone wants the script let me know.

niknah
    Participant
    Thanks for the driver info.
    The driver seems only detect the rotation of the screen.  Don’t know if there is something that detects the rotation of the keyboard.

I couldn’t get the iio-sensor-proxy to start so I did a script instead.

Here is the compiled module and script…

PioPio
    Participant

Managed to make it work as well. Related kernel patch is about to be integrated in the upcoming kernel versions: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10690261/ I tested this patch on Arch, recompiled the kernel and the accelerometer is recognized perfectly. I also modified a script that I found to support automated rotation based on the accelerometer values. Xrandr SUCKS on handling such rotations, but whatever its our only option for now :/ If anyone wants the script let me know.

I’m interested by the script: would you be able to share it, please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password