Knote5 Windows 10 clean install

Knote5 Windows 10 clean install

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion Knote5 Windows 10 clean install

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve just got my knote5 from gearbest. I really satisfied with it. Can i make a W10 clean install from a pendrive? I’ve downloaded W10 img from MS, and i made a bootable pendrive.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi, you sure can. No problems and I have the drivers here: https://techtablets.com/alldocube-knote5/downloads/

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Markus
    Participant

I did reinstall windows on mine and it worked flawlessly using the drivers from the official alldocube website (http://en.alldocube.com/support/support-info#system-update)

There is only one thing that doesn’t work anymore after the reinstall: The device cannot change automatically to tablet mode when the keyboard is disconnected anymore (and vice versa). Does anybody know how to get this working again?

Thanks

felince
    Participant

Is it better to do a full reinstall? I received mine today and I was surprised to find that the setup process had been done already with an “alldocube” account as administrator and the windows display language already set as English. I changed the language to my preferred one but it kind of irks me to see a user account already created. Could there be some kind of spyware hidden in this user account? as far as I can tell from looking at the task manager there aren’t any suspicious processes running in the background and there is zero bloatware. I did a full reinstall in the xiaomi laptop but I don’t feel like doing it again in this one.

Rino Adi Pratama
    Participant

Is it better to do a full reinstall? I received mine today and I was surprised to find that the setup process had been done already with an “alldocube” account as administrator and the windows display language already set as English. I changed the language to my preferred one but it kind of irks me to see a user account already created. Could there be some kind of spyware hidden in this user account? as far as I can tell from looking at the task manager there aren’t any suspicious processes running in the background and there is zero bloatware. I did a full reinstall in the xiaomi laptop but I don’t feel like doing it again in this one.

If you in case don’t want any unwanted app, adware, spyware, etc (which in my case never see one even if the first setup was done by reseller), then yes, you can do full reinstall the windows using its firmware that shared by our friend on my thread or normal windows installation with driver provided above.

felince
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I actually decided to leave it like that since it seems to be working properly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar