Lagging wakeup on android? Solution!

Lagging wakeup on android? Solution!

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Lagging wakeup on android? Solution!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Timo
    Participant

I had terrible lag on waking up the tablet.

Symptoms:

1. Tablet goes to sleep

2. I push power button.. wait.. push again.. etc.

3. Tablet shows unlock screen finally (after 3 to 5 seconds)

This issue is caused by the terrible TOS launcher. I replaced it by the Google Now launcher and eveything runs fast and smooth. I’m sure another launcher would also do that job.

Gal
    Participant

I’m using Nova and still have this issue.

BTW, after trying to use Win10 for few days..I like the Android part more and more. Win 10 with touch is a mess.. I’m OK with it, but it feels like an unfinished product.

Alexandra
    Participant

Gal, I agree it feels unfinished re: touch. You may find TouchMe Gesture Studio helpful; it lets you greatly augment Win10’s touch commands.

Gal
    Participant

Cool Alexandra,
    I’ll try that, seems useful.
    I still don’t get why sometimes Win10 asks me for a password when I wake it up. I disabled password in every screen I could find..

Timo
    Participant

Hm.. Okay. I think I have to revert this.

This issue is still a problem. After a frew hours of testing I’d say it got better – but there is still a lag. What’s causing this? 🙁

Anybody an idea? I sent this issue to TECLAST – they did not respond yet.

Gal
    Participant

Maybe some intel power saving feature..?

Timo
    Participant

Maybe some intel power saving feature..?

Maybe. But this doesn’t happen on windows – only Android, which clearly indicates to me that this is an Android issue.

You installed a custom ROM – I the used original ROM (deleted all the chinese crap). I assume you have the same trouble, which leads finally to the firmware/BIOS…

Gal
    Participant

Yep, same issue.  It can take up to 5 seconds to wake up.

Fred
    Participant

Same issue for me too…

And sometimes when I plug the tablet for charging from androïd and come few minutes later, I discover it has simply shutdown…. :/

Bram Pribadi
    Participant

Yes, I use custom ROM and also having the 5 secs lagging issue.

Luis
    Participant

Hi,

Just received my A5C8 and Android Factory ROM hasn´t lag at all. Not even made any OTA update.

gerd wagner
    Participant

Gal, I agree it feels unfinished re: touch. You may find TouchMe Gesture Studio helpful; it lets you greatly augment Win10’s touch commands.

I see it exactly same!

But I do not have this lags

Timo
    Participant

I still have that kind of “lagging” – no matter if I press buttons or not.. it can take up to 6 seconds to switch on the screen.

Any ideas?

Bram Pribadi
    Participant

I noticed something today, that the screen wake up response is not laggy when the tablet is charging / connected to charger. When I disconnect the charger, the 5-10 secs lag time is back. Seems like something to do with power setting.

Currently I’m using Mirek190 custom rom v1. But the wake up lag issue is the same as the spzjulien custom rom.

Thomas Mann
    Participant

Has anyone solved the problem? I have the same issue and sometimes it takes about 20 seconds to wake up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar