LapBook 12.3 Photoshop after SSD upgrade?

LapBook 12.3 Photoshop after SSD upgrade?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series LapBook 12.3 Photoshop after SSD upgrade?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Billy
    Participant

Hi, i am looking at a couple of different laptops to replace my elderly Acer with its 1300×800 approx screen, first gen i3 and intel HD graphics and 8gb ram, win 10 (upgraded from 7)

Has anyone got Photoshop CC 2017 running on there Chuwi LapBook 12.3? I have a decent desktop system with 4k screen  for day to day photoshop/illustrator use. but need a laptop with a decent screen (2k + resolution) for editing when out of the house, its not often I would need to do this, but id like to know the machine I choose can do this. I have no problem opening the machine up to do a thermal mod, and add a SSD. I am also looking at the Cube Thinker i35. are there any others i should look out for? I know Chuwi is coming out with a new machine the LapBook air, but there does not seem to be a release date yet, and i need to order this machine for the end of sept.

I am looking for a Hong Kong supplier as well, or one that will post to HK.. i am going there on vacation from the UK between 27th and 6th Oct. and want to avoid high import duty we get hammered for in the UK ordering items from outside the EU. So if anyone has a tip on where i can contact to see what price/availability is like in HK that would be awesome.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I ran it on my lapbook 12.3 it’s okay, little slow just only good for minor editing, filters, and layers. Your best bet would be the Thinker i35 if you can. 8GB of RAM and that Core M3-7Y30 is a lot more powerful.

The touch screen will also be useful.

If you order with the free mail, it should come tax-free to the UK. Or ship to HK. Not sure who does.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Billy
    Participant

Thank you Chris. I was going to order the Thinker, but it seems there are issues with the i35, reports of screen flickering, keyboards and trackpads not working properly. And the casing not being very hard wearing compared to other alloy bodied notebooks. I have to admit that worries me a lot. Hence why looking at the Chuwi. Its a lower amount of money to be risking. over half as cheap. yet still with a 2k screen. Its a shame that i don’t know when the new Chuwi LapBook Air is coming out, as it seems a lot closer in spec to the Thinker. compared to the 12.3.

TechnoMax
    Participant

I would not use a Chuwi LapBook 12.3 for editing purposes. It really is lame for this demanding tasks: Geekbench gives it only 1400/4000. My NUC 6i3, which I use for photo editing (DXO Optics Pro 11 for RAW files), has 3110/5980. My MateBook with a M3 and only 4 GB RAM came in with 2632/5197.

But of course the Display of the Chuwi is excellent for showing final pics to others.

Justinkeyback
    Participant

I concur with Albert Voss. I own a 14″ with ssd and Photoshop (old version) and am happy with it. Works fine. Only the keyboard, when typing sounds like drumming on a tin can, is a bit disappointing.

Billy
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys, I ended up opting for the Cube Thinker i35, gearbest had it up for £385 on offer, so I couldn’t resist. I just hope it arrives in one piece and works fine. Overall it should be more satisfactory for basic photoshop etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar