LapBook 14.1 battery capacity?

LapBook 14.1 battery capacity?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series LapBook 14.1 battery capacity?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ernst
    Participant

I wonder what the *real* battery capacity is. Passmark’s BatteryMon says 45.000 mWh. But according to Chuwi it can supply 9.000 mAh, at nominal voltage of 7.4 Volt (it is a dual cell battery with the cells in series), that would be 66.600 mWh.

Also in the review bij Chris (where he uses BatteryBar) it shows 45.000 mWh, see here:

https://techtablets.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Chuwi-Lapbook-14-battery-life.jpg

Weird. Does someone have a clue?

Is this the strange Chinese habit of always overspecify battery capacities with 50%?

Phoenix
    Participant

It’s not 7.4 volt, but 3.6 volt. That’s what i have heard in another review on the internet.

Battery life isnt that bad, but not super good also…

Ernst
    Participant

Yes, it is really 7.4V. It says so on the battery itself and both Battmon as well as the tool Chris used, report it as 7.4V.

If it would be 3.7V and 9.000 mAh as Chuwi claims, it would be 33.3 Wh, where the tools report 45 Wh.

What I think is that somehow Chuwi calculates the capacity back from 5V, i.e. 45 Wh divided by 5V gives 9.000 mAh. Which it clearly is not. Around 6000 mAh would be more accurate.

Chinese firms are very “inaccurate” in specifying real battery capacity. As in: they lie.

I get 8 hours battery life doing mostly office tasks on the LapBook. Good enough for my purpose.

Processor max 2W (average, max is 6W), display around 2W, rest of the electronics about 1W, SSD around average 1W, gives 6W (10W when CPU on max). With a 45 Wh battery, around 4.5 hours (when gaming) to around 8 hours (office) should be normal.

Roberto
    Participant

Exactly this!

I can only agree with you, it really is somewhat confusing. Battery Bar Pro shows that it only charges the battery to around 55-60% and won’t go any further.

So it looks like the battery is almos half empty, while that is actually the full capacity.

It’s also interesting that the red LED indicating the charging status will accordingly never go green or sth. It will just stay red.

Here are some screenshots with more details on the battery

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernst
    Participant

There might be something wrong with your LapBook.

5.7% wear?

Mine charges up to 45 Wh and the LED goes from red to blue when full.

Roberto
    Participant

Hey Ernst.

Yeah you might be right. Freshly installed Windows 10 with a local copy. Might be driver related. Apart from that, I love that machine!

marco
    Participant

the wear of the battery is 5.7 % for me it’s normal?i’m received the lapbook tuesday

marco
    Participant

the wear of the battery is 5.7 % for me the same for screenshot posted ,it’s normal?i’m received the lapbook tuesday

Roberto
    Participant

Does your Laptop charge up to 100%? If so, then you should be fine and that might just be a calibration issue.

marco
    Participant

yes the notebook Chargé to 100% and the led is green

Barley Escapes
    Participant

hi, my 14.1 reports only 4500mAhr, charges to 54% max.  Is it that each each cell is 3.7V at 4500mahr giving 7.4v at 4500mAhr as they are placed in series? Charge icon is always red.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Roberto
    Participant

Hi, you should definitely return your device to Gearbest. I’ve had a very similar issue where my battery would never charge to 100%. It’s definitely a faulty battery. With my “good” device now, the battery indicator LED switches to blue instead of red after a full charge, something my old device would never do.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes, it seems you have an issue with your one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar