Lapbook 14.1 CPU Clock Speed downclocking

Lapbook 14.1 CPU Clock Speed downclocking

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Lapbook 14.1 CPU Clock Speed downclocking

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JackyL
    Participant

My Lapbook seems to down clock the cpu clock speed to just 1.2 ghz (when it should be able to reach 2.1 for all threads).

I found that the problem is related to the intel graphics driver, when i went to device manager and disabled the grapphic driver , the cpu can immediately go back up to 2.1ghz at full load.

Is there anyone having this problem as well?

And is there any solution to this problem?

Thx

Olly
    Participant

Hi @jackyl,

That sounds like a DPTF issue. Intel use a software-hardware mashup called DPTF to properly manage the level of power delivered to the device’s CPU and GPU, where the hardware components do physical limiting and software helps direct power to the most needing components. Disabling the GPU will break DPTF (as well as reduce your laptop performance, going back to a software render) so it sounds like either the DPTF limit is configured too low or perhaps you have the wrong drivers installed for your exact platform.

First off, go into the Windows power settings and choose High Performance. If that doesn’t resolve it, Edit the High Performance power plan, increasing the power limit as high as you can possibly go. If you’re still stuck with a lower clock, check your thermals and power limiting using HWiNFO64’s “sensors” mode. If you find they are lower than you set in the Power Options, you could try disabling DPTF in the BIOS, but remember this might cause overheating.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar