LapBook 14.1 keyboard problems?

LapBook 14.1 keyboard problems?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series LapBook 14.1 keyboard problems?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sammin 5 days, 19 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Has anyone else run into problems with the keyboard on the LapBook 14.1?

When typing quickly, individual keys are frequently dropped. Also, the key repeat rate is extremely slow (about 3 per second, with a 1 second initial delay) even at the fastest setting in the keyboard control panel.

Possibly I just have a defective unit?

Adam
    Participant

It is possible that the windows is updating in the background ?

try to enter the task manager and look for the processing in your System OS

Anonymous

No, the keypress dropping and slow repeat rate still happens when the system is idle.

Adam
    Participant

Hmm, well no idea, but..

Whats about the Temp in your Lapbook, maybe to hot?

Phoenix
    Participant

I got a problem with my space-bar. I have too press it very hard to get a key-stroke. When i press gently it doenst register a key… Its kinda annoying..

I dont have issues with lag when i typ.

Kelvin55
    Participant

Yes, I’ve got these problems with my Lapbook 14.1 keyboard also. Thought it was due to defective unit.

Chris
    Participant

I had the same problem and it was driving me crazy. The repeat rate slowed way down, even if I put it all the way up and the keyboard seemed to be about a second behind. I fixed it by uninstalling the driver (it reinstalls automatically after a forced reboot).

To do this, open your windows menu and type “update device drivers” and click on the icon. Expand the keyboard category and then right click on “Standard PS/2 Keyboard” and select “uninstall”. After a short period the computer will prompt you to reboot. Once it reboots, the keyboard should be back to normal!

Hope this works for you.

ezbook user
    Participant

I have the same problem as well. With the default Windows installation, I managed to increase the repeat rate, and it was acceptably good. After doing Windows updates repeat rate became ridiculously low. Uninstalling the keyboard drivers did not do the trick for me.

ezbook user
    Participant

All of a sudden I realized that I no longer have this problem. I have no idea what fixed it.

Chris
    Participant

The keyboard driver uninstall worked for me for awhile (I had to uninstall all keyboard drivers, not just the P/S 2), but the issue came back and I didn’t want to have to uninstall drivers every week to get the keyboard to function properly. After looking into it some more, it seems that “filter keys” is getting activated in the background somehow. Even if it shows up as “off” in your accessibility settings menu, the issue I was experiencing felt just like filter keys was on.

To fix this once and for all, I went into Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Accessibility > Keyboard Response and set the Flags to 122. 122 is the flag to turn filter keys off completely. After logging off and back in, the keyboard worked perfectly again. For anyone experiencing a slow response and/or repeat rate, the above may work for you. Obviously, be careful messing around in your registry.

jack jiang
    Participant

Usually, this is a problem with the keyboard and can only be replaced.

sammin
    Participant

My keyboard also has the problem, I don’t know where to buy this keyboard.who can tell me ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password