Lapbook SE – Windows Update Problems

Lapbook SE – Windows Update Problems

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Lapbook SE – Windows Update Problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JD
    Participant

Anyone else having problems with the Lapbook SE and Windows Update?

No matter what I do to reset Windows Update there is still a “stuck” update that fails every time I try to install it. The laptop attempts to install the updates, the update fails, and then the computer restores the previous settings from prior to the update. This also means that if I want to reboot, it takes 10+ minutes because rebooting means reattempting to install the update, failing and restoring.

I’ve tried resetting the Windows Update cache, using the Reset Windows Update scripting tool, downloading the failed update manually and probably a thing or two additionally, but nothing seems to do it.

Has anyone else solved this problem?

I’m about to reset Windows itself soon, but that’s a pain to reinstall everything again.

I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

– JD

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Do you have enough free space? Normally that can trigger such issues.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

KW
    Participant

try changing the DNS server. I had a similar issue that was related to the last update but with different update category  (in my case only the security definitions would not update) changed my DNS to Google DNS server and it worked. Still on their DNS with not issues on my SE.

JD
    Participant

Do you have enough free space? Normally that can trigger such issues.

Good question Chris, and yes, I have 50+ gigs of space available on the SSD drive where Windows is installed and almost 9 GB of space on the 32 GB EMMC drive (which I don’t really use).

Thanks for your reply.

JD
    Participant

try changing the DNS server. I had a similar issue that was related to the last update but with different update category (in my case only the security definitions would not update) changed my DNS to Google DNS server and it worked. Still on their DNS with not issues on my SE.

Never would have guessed that DNS would even come into play, but I’m definitely going to give that a try.

Thanks for your help @KW

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar