Late version of Mix Plus has a better SSD

Late version of Mix Plus has a better SSD

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Late version of Mix Plus has a better SSD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    floorman
    Participant

I bought a Cube Mix Plus from Banggood for Christmas. It seems that the SSD in the latest version of the Mix Plus has better specs.

Windows device manager and AS-SSD identify the drive as “Foresee 64GB”, but Windows explorer and other apps eg. Speccy show drive capacity of 128GB.

Disk benchmarks such as AS-SSD and ATTO disk show read speed of about 480 MBps and read speed of about 400 MBps, compared to the read speed in all the reviews of the Mix Plus when it was first available (about 190 MBps).  However, I don’t think anyone will notice any difference in terms of everyday use (particularly for a non-intense casual user like me).

All I have done so far is to block the gestures on the keyboard touchpad using Autohotkey, and use XTU to undervolt and limit max. power (now max. temp. under 90C , no HW thermal mod because I dont play games to make the tablet extremely hot). Undervolting (CPU/cache/GPU -0.06V; turbo boost max power 6.5W (set by Windows in Power saving mode)) does not improve battery life – I got about 6.5-7 hours normal use (office, email and light wifi browsing) and 4-4.5 hours youtube video. If I stress the CPU eg running benchmarks, battery life drops to about 3 hours.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Frantzisone
    Participant

Do you think XTU is a good idea? Or thermal mode is the only choice?

Mario Ray Mahardhika
    Participant

Mine is 2 weeks old and Crystal Disk Mark gave me an even better speed (attached).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    FUCKTECHTABLET
    Participant

I bought a Cube Mix Plus from Banggood for Christmas. It seems that the SSD in the latest version of the Mix Plus has better specs. Windows device manager and AS-SSD identify the drive as “Foresee 64GB”, but Windows explorer and other apps eg. Speccy show drive capacity of 128GB. Disk benchmarks such as AS-SSD and ATTO disk show read speed of about 480 MBps and read speed of about 400 MBps, compared to the read speed in all the reviews of the Mix Plus when it was first available (about 190 MBps). However, I don’t think anyone will notice any difference in terms of everyday use (particularly for a non-intense casual user like me). All I have done so far is to block the gestures on the keyboard touchpad using Autohotkey, and use XTU to undervolt and limit max. power (now max. temp. under 90C , no HW thermal mod because I dont play games to make the tablet extremely hot). Undervolting (CPU/cache/GPU -0.06V; turbo boost max power 6.5W (set by Windows in Power saving mode)) does not improve battery life – I got about 6.5-7 hours normal use (office, email and light wifi browsing) and 4-4.5 hours youtube video. If I stress the CPU eg running benchmarks, battery life drops to about 3 hours.

You prove it wrong. I am the very first owner of mix plus when I bought it in Mar 2017

SSD read speed always 500MB/s.  Write speed is a little bit slow thought at 300MB. But it doesn’t affect much on performance

FUCK FUCKTECHTABLET

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar