Lineage OS 13 for iwork10

Lineage OS 13 for iwork10

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Lineage OS 13 for iwork10

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Sergio
    Participant

Hi, i found on the 4pda foruns a TWRP Lineage OS 13 image for the iwork10. Seems to be an adaptation from a version for the chuwi tablet. I’ve tested on my iwork 10 flagship – i15TFL64gb (USB-C – dual boot).  Everything works great except the camera. I don’t know if i can post another forum link here, but this image is easily found on the 4pda foruns and bbs.51cube forum. With this rom the tablet achieved 59164 on antutu (dont know if it is good or bad)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jaco van der Waal
    Participant

Could you post a link?

Lawrence Patricio
    Participant

4pda foruns a TWRP Lineage OS 13 image for the iwork10

Could you provide the link please? i tried google search, can’t find it.

Sergio
    Participant
    Sebastian
    Participant

Hey Guys,

this is the link to the original entry @bbs.51cube forum (for me the website is down at the moment):
    http://bbs.51cube.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=308541&extra=page%3D2

Have anyone tried to flash opengapps (for Android 6, x86+x86_64)? I got the error code 20 (Incorrect (incompatible) ROM Version: ROM is not compatible with the Open GApps package). Is there another solution to install google play store.

Thanks for your advices.

hummer010
    Participant

Unfortunately the original forum links to a baidu page that isn’t working.  Anyone have a copy of this that they can upload somewhere?

Sergio
    Participant

The 4pda link is workin, but the forum page is wrong, you have to go to page 29, where there is a link to  a Google Drive account. The Open Gapps nano worked for me, try both versions (x86, and x64) don’t remember which worked for me.

brainvision
    Participant

anyway here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0023zr-Ed9GSXFxX0JoT2w1ZVU/view

I’m going to flash it asap; I just totally removed Windows because I never used it (most of the time when using Windows the disc was on 99% usage and it ws soooooooo slow) and now all space is for my beloved Android. I made a backup of my personal rom so I can restore all the apps and data in case LOS 13 should work bad, but I’m very excited to be able to try it!

brainvision
    Participant

well guys, I’m crying!

that is awesome! the rom works great excpet – as reported already – camera stock:

1. photos have the two classic vertical green bands of bad/wrong camera blobs
    2. front camera is 180° angle

videos works fine. Well I don’t know if someone really use the cameras here, I never so I personally don’t care about it but I’m looking if I can fix it somehow taking files and drivers from TCL stock. Also I’m pretty sure that video call would work fine but still had not ime to try.

I’m also making a zip for personal use changing reference into the build.prop to Chiwu brand and using my own boot mod and recovery just in case.

Oh I also tried official xposed framework and it works like a charm! Just use the latest (v87) x86 API23 framework from rovo89 repo..

ROM requires gapps you could download from this direct link: http://www.opengapps.org/?arch=x86&api=6.0&variant=stock – don’t change Platform and Android version fields, but if you want another variant package pick it, I personally use Stock with a gapps-config file so to not isntall stuff I don’t need on tablet like Fitness, Wear, etc etc

EDIT: I always use Lux Auto Brightness or Twilight to change brigthness into my tablets because I read a lot here and I can lower it to -50 and more at night, so I dont’ remeber if adaptative brighness does work in stock rom, could you please tell me? Here it works

Christopher
    Participant

Hi @all,

Camera issue:

to fix the 180 angle problem of the front cam you have to modify the file /etc/camera3_profiles.xml and set sensor.orientation to 0 instead of 180 inside the front cam profile (cameraId=”1″ name=”ov2680″).

Gapps issue:

when flashing the ROM and gapps afterwards via recovery i15t_recovery.img  the gapps part fails for two reasons (insufficient system storage and invalid SDK 5.1). This can be fixed by modifing the installer.sh of the gapps.zip. Just comment all if-blocks that contain the given error message. The script will run fine afterwards. (alternatively build.prop has to be modified sdk22 -> sdk23)

Any ideas about the blue stripes when taking pictures with both the front and back camera? I assume that’s also related to the camera profile settings.

brainvision
    Participant

hi, I solved the gapps issue by siply mounting system aprtition from Mount menu in TWRP after rebooting; so mount system, flash rom, reboot recovery, mount system again, flash gapps.

I personally don’t care about camera issue so I did not investigate but I guess it’s related to some original cube kernel blob not available in the Chuwi one..

What annoys me most is the deep sleep issue and the battery stats missing. No deep sleep means the tablet is always using huge amount of battery even when the screen is off, so the battery could completely discharge during the day without even using it! About the battery stats, well basically I don’t see what apps and services are using most battery.. I’m attaching screenshots of both issue..

EDIT: about camera issues, I found this from original developer ISSUES section of the rom…

• Distortion in photos (issue with mismatching Lollipop camera drivers & Marshmallow display drivers)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    _N_E_R_O_
    Participant

Hello Guys

thanks Christopher for camera flip upside down issue resolution , i’ll share my experience , for  blu stripes on picture, just remove google cam and install open camera , more control and blu stripes are magically disappears .

Sebastian
    Participant

Hey Guys,
    The base for our iWork10 ROM is the Chuwi V10 from KonstaKANG. There is an Update for the Chuwi-ROM from 20.10.2017. At the Forum 4PDA wrote arkan49, that he developed a tutorial and a patch for using the new chuwi-based ROM for our Cube iWork10. But the patches are offline and my russian is bad.

Did anybody tried the new rom with the patch and can provide us the files?

Thanks in advance!

Original ROM for Chuwi V10
    http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM13/

Tutorial + Patch 1
    Page 30, Entry 587
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=725568&st=580#entry67520057

Patch 2
    Page 31, Entry 604
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=725568&st=600#entry67682027

Christian Wolfseher
    Participant

Hey together ,

i have installed the Rom on my Cube iwork 10 i51tf.

The Flash was sucessful and the tip for the gapps was right.

My only Problem is that the system doesnt realize the camera .

So at the first Start the camera APP disappeared.

Is there a trick to geht the camera back ?

The Rom is a port from the chuwi ?

Verry coool 😀

Thanks

Christian.

Christopher
    Participant

@kazudi / Sebastian:

The two patches are still up on 4pad but you have to sign in to download both patches. Anyhow I uploaded both patches (thx & credits to arkan49) .

If you’re looking for a way to register at 4pad use a browser with a translate plugin (e.g. Chrome) and follow this tutorial

https://doorsgeek.blogspot.de/2015/08/4pdaru-loginregister-captcha-tutorial.html

I tested the latest version “lineage-13.0-20180224-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip” with patch_cm-13.0-Cubei15T.zip and its working fine including deep sleep 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar