Linux on Cube i7 Book

Linux on Cube i7 Book

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Linux on Cube i7 Book

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  virgo 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Bob
    Participant

Brad:

Thanks for that.. I’ll look later on..

Franzli
    Participant

Since kernel 4.9 the rotation sensor seems to be recognised, so autorotate kind of works, at least on Gnome. By kind of I mean that there seems to be some sort of inversion happening, so when you use it in portrait mode it’s the wrong way around. I “solve” this by turning the tablet the opposite way of how I want it and then lock screen rotation.

virgo
    Participant

Got cameras and mic?

If you found my answer helpful, you may donate to me at my signature above!

Goran Sevo
    Participant

Has anyone tried tweaking this tablet’s BIOS (UEFI firmware) with AMIBCP? It provides quite a lot of additional information which can be edited and made available to the user & then reflashed (by AMI Aptio MMTool I think). Provided that it uses AMI bios? This potentially unlocks some hardware features initially not available to linux. To what extent is this bios normally user friendly anyway? For a start, is it e.g. possible to disable SecureBoot? Although this approach can seriously affect Windows performance, it should be always possible to return the original bios with spi programmer. Or is it, things might have changed since I last played with another intel tablet, and I am neither expert nor aware of the Cube i7 Book full specs. Obviously, I (still) don’t have this tablet, but it looks rather promising linux wise.

John Macie
    Participant

secure boot is disable-able. I use osx on a dual boot w/windows, secure boot entry is in the security tab. This bios has many more option to configure than any I’ve ever seen. I don’t tweak BIOSs much, so I can’t help you with that

virgo
    Participant

All android/Linux/debian share the same problem with i2c device

I7 stylus is all bus – usb

Don’t assume any distro work with I7 stylus will work with successor devices

Any one put OS X on Mix Plus/I7 Book and have touchscreen working?

Brad
    Participant

All android/Linux/debian share the same problem with i2c device I7 stylus is all bus – usb Don’t assume any distro work with I7 stylus will work with successor devices Any one put OS X on Mix Plus/I7 Book and have touchscreen working?

Be sure you are running the latest Kernel. I remember reading of a very recent bug fixes related to the I2C device.  I don’t remember what kernel 4.10 or 4.11 I think.  Run whatever is the latest stable release.

Brad
    Participant

I just saw Linuxium has created some script(s) that allows one to spin a new custom distro with any of the latest released Kernels.

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.br/2017/04/creating-personalized-ubuntu-mint-and.html

virgo
    Participant

I just saw Linuxium has created some script(s) that allows one to spin a new custom distro with any of the latest released Kernels. http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.br/2017/04/creating-personalized-ubuntu-mint-and.html

To be exact, can you confirm i2c skycam front and rear work? Cube Mix Plus

virgo
    Participant

In case some one can make OVxxxx i2c cam work please share at https://github.com/burzumishi/linux-baytrail-flexx10/issues/19

It is must be a break through for i2c devices

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password