Looking for Ideal 2-in-1 -> Suggestions?

Looking for Ideal 2-in-1 -> Suggestions?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Looking for Ideal 2-in-1 -> Suggestions?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rod Naugler
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve been subscribed to TechTablets on Youtube and I’ve been hoping to see my ideal tablet, but no such luck yet. I’ve also asked on reddit but no joy.
    Here’s what I’m looking for:

Tablet size (10-13″)

Stylus Support

Linux Compatible

Backlit keyboard

prefer 8gb ram

user upgradable SSD

<$400 CAD

Any ideas?

Dominique
    Participant

He-lo , i am also looking for an 2X1 360° laptop, i know already about the classic one from 2017/2018 some of them are cheap but there is always something poor, like battery, or ram or other things, is there in 2019 a cheap real good one to suggest?

Buenaventura Durruti
    Participant

I have ordered the BMAX Y11, recently announced.

It is similar to the Teclast F5 but with 8 GB DDR4 RAM.

Andrei Gutu
    Participant

Hi,@statik

I have the BMAX Y11. It’s configuration is similar to Teclast F5, but not identical. BMAX Y11 has the SSD Foresee on 256Gb(but you can upgrade it easily if you need) and 8Gb RAM. Very nice device. And looks great with the small and accurate logo(in comparison with Teclast F5). Also it works with Linux.  But it is without the ‘Backlit keyboard’, the keyboard is nice but without backlit. I never use the backlit keyboard and apologize that it is not so desired feature.

The IT and Linux enthusiast.
    Happy owner of Chuwi Hi9 Air and BMAX Y11.

Dominique
    Participant

helo , look nice this BMAX, is the new chuwi ubook a good deal?

LaniaKea
    Participant

How did you start a topic?

if keeps saying “error” topic cant be created at this time without as much as an explanation for why, and is it problems at my end, or ??.

Tried the last few days, to start a topic about a 2-1 I purchased, but nahh not doable.

Feel stupid that I port people over to this site. and I’m starting to see where the lack of activity comes from.

Andrei Gutu
    Participant

I think, that yes. But  I saw only the reviews and promo materials about it.

The IT and Linux enthusiast.
    Happy owner of Chuwi Hi9 Air and BMAX Y11.

Daniel
    Participant

How is the BMAX 11? I’m thinking to get the BMAX 13.3 for my self, backlit 🙂 and it still should accept USB-C charging, to me the backlit of the is the key thing,  I work a lot at night and really need to see the keys :), any way how is the BMAX 11 form build quality and over all does it look it will be reliable?

Brad
    Participant

Hi,@statik I have the BMAX Y11. It’s configuration is similar to Teclast F5, but not identical. BMAX Y11 has the SSD Foresee on 256Gb(but you can upgrade it easily if you need) and 8Gb RAM. Very nice device. And looks great with the small and accurate logo(in comparison with Teclast F5). Also it works with Linux. But it is without the ‘Backlit keyboard’, the keyboard is nice but without backlit. I never use the backlit keyboard and apologize that it is not so desired feature.

Which Linux distribution version and type of desktop?  thanks.

Dominique
    Participant

Daniel did you purchase the Bmax 13″? is this ok? best deal?

Brad
    Participant

Daniel did you purchase the Bmax 13″? is this ok? best deal?

also, interested if touchpad and other things working with the Bmax 13 with Linux OS.

Rod Naugler
    Participant

Waiting to see if anyone has battery life reports and linux touch/pen support reports but the newer version of the Y11 is supposed to have a better CPU as well. Might be what I end up with.

Statik

Rod Naugler
    Participant

I’ve noticed the Chuwi Hi10 X is now on the market and it looks like it hits all my points. I’m watching, eagerly, for someone to test Linux on it, but with the price and features, it looks like everything I was looking for. If I can scrounge the cash, I think I’ll be ordering it.

Statik

pierro78
    Participant

on aliexpress https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/4000674618825.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27426c37cInp8M I see this note for the Y11 accelerometer (automatic screen orientation) to work on ubuntu linux :

Après quelques mois d’utilisation je suis très satisfait de ce portable. Sa taille et son poids le rendent vraiment facile à transporter.
    J’ai installé Ubuntu et ça fonctionne comme un charme.
    Le seul problème que j’ai rencontré était avec l’orientation de l’écran. L’accéléromètre n’est pas installé comme prévu par Linux donc besoin d’ajouter une règle dans/etc/udev/hwdb.d/pour la corriger.
    Pour ceux qui sont entrés, vous devez créer le fichier suivant en tant que root /etc/udev/hwdb.d/61-sensor-local.hwdb
    Contenant

##################################### # BMAX Y11 ##################################### Capteur: modalias:acpi:KIOX010A *:dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvrNB13x.08.1905025:bd01/02/2020:svnAMI:pnIntel:* ACCEL_MOUNT_MATRIX = 0, 1, 0; 1, 0, 0; 0, 0, 1
    La matrice corrige l’axe x et y qui sont échangés. Et maintenant l’écran a la bonne orientation et il suit l’orientation de votre ordinateur. A mon avis le Y11 est vraiment une bonne affaire.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar