Looking for OTG charge and data USB-C for mi pad

Looking for OTG charge and data USB-C for mi pad

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Looking for OTG charge and data USB-C for mi pad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Trokie
    Participant

Hi

Can any one help me?

I Like to charge and use a usb stick at the same time

can any one advise me one that works on the mi pad 2

Trokie
    Participant
    Steve
    Participant

I just ordered this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GH5BE9M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’ll update the thread when it arrives. One interesting point: I was able to attach a powered USB hub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 using a USB type c OTG cable…and I was able to plug in a wireless keyboard and multiple PEN and USB drives and they worked. I did a clean install of Windows as well using this method.

Neil
    Participant

Hi,

did anyone get a charge and data cable/hub/adapter that works with the MiPad2?

I have not found one that works yet..

Cheers

wakido

Joaquín
    Participant

Hi, did anyone get a charge and data cable/hub/adapter that works with the MiPad2? I am have not found one that works yet.. Cheers wakido

did the cable work for you?

Trokie
    Participant
    Joaquín
    Participant

looks promising!

Neil
    Participant

Also Ordered this one :

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-USB-Type-C-to-USB-HDMI-Multi-function-Conversion-Adapter-For-Xiaomi-Mibook-Macbook-p-1078952.html

So far it is not good.

Plugged into the bottom of the MiPad2 and the Original charger plugged into the TypeC Port, and the tablet looses charge.

Seems as though it will allow using of USB devices – depending on the order in which you plug it in and attach devices.

——————–

I am learning to hate USB Type C, at least when you plug in other USB devices they work how you would expect, USB-C  – you may be able to pug it in either direction, but its like going back to the 70s when you had to attach devices in a particular order to get them to function

Doron
    Participant

Has anyone found an adapter that work with OTG + Charging at the same time yet?

@chris

Could you please help us out?
    I tried buying a generic one that was designed for Macbook but it didnt work for me (only the OTG ports worked, but no charging).
    Thanks!

Neil
    Participant

Nope – I have tried a few now, and multiples of each

http://www.banggood.com/Seenda-USB3_1-Type-C-to-USB-3_0-Charging-Adapter-With-Card-Reader-For-Macbook-Xiaomi-4C-LeTV-p-1037472.html

http://www.banggood.com/Original-Xiaomi-USB-Type-C-to-USB-HDMI-Multi-function-Conversion-Adapter-For-Xiaomi-Mibook-Macbook-p-1078952.html

http://www.banggood.com/Seenda-USB3_1-Type-C-to-USB-3_0-Charging-Adapter-With-Card-Reader-For-Macbook-Xiaomi-4C-LeTV-p-1037472.html

and no good…..

they  will “charge” if plugged in – while the charger is in and No USB attached (when I say charge, they will trickle feed some power, but not enough to keep the tablet charged)

they will USB if there is a USB attached and plugged in

its a PIA

Please let me know if there are any out there that work!!

I have been tempted to rip it apart and add power directly to the motherboard!

Neil

Doron
    Participant

Damn that’s frustrating as hell…
    I’ve also tried quite a few including the official Xiaomi adapter you’ve linked above and I have the same issue.
    I’m starting to believe that perhaps this device doesn’t support charge + OTG at the same time.
    I’m surprised that @chris  has apparently managed to get it working somehow, and yet wont provide any assistance or advice to us…
    If only we could get some input from him.
    I’m quite disappointed because I only purchased the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 over the original one because of his recommendation, had I known this wouldn’t work, I’d have purchased the original as I intend to use it for back-to-back flights where charging will be an issue.  As I understand the performance between the two tablets is on-par, where in some instances the original is up to 25% faster, but locked to kitkat..
    I’ve already spent about $80 on different OTG / Charger adapters to try to sort this out… this is getting real stupid real fast.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

@diiipaty

@wakido

Sorry for the delay, I get like 20-30 msgs and support related emails a day. Which gives me also no time for anything else.

I’ve got a lot of tablets and adapters here. I no longer have my Windows or Android Mi pad 2’s as I sold them on to fund other tablets to review. As for the adapters that work, I cannot remember which of the 5v (USB and charge in) 4-5 adaptors I have here worked. It was only one of them. But I do remember in order to get OTG and charge I had to plug it in first then plug in the power or the other way around, power first then into the tablet. (try that?)

As a tip, it has to be a 5 volt one. None of the Mi Notebook or Macbook ones will work, as they require 20v to work.

The issues is not me, but Xiaomi. It’s not a proper type-c port. It’s only USB 2, it’s not type-c 3.1, no HDMI out either which I all mentioned in my review that I could never get hdmi out to work ever.

If I had another Mi Pad 2 I would do though my OTG type-c adaptors again and let you know which one works. (I have also wasted hundreds on type-c adpators)

Just recent got this one for the Mi Notebook, which works fine. It’s also when to have switching voltage 5v to 20v so at least the ports would work, but on my Hi10 Plus’s type-c port it’s fails to do anything. Yet it should work!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

Now the adapters I’ve used are the 5v ones, with NO HDMI (again that is USB 3.1 only).

http://www.gearbest.com/usb-gadgets/pp_256041.html

http://www.banggood.com/Aluminium-Alloy-USB-3_1-Type-C-to-4-Ports-Hub-For-Macbook-Google-Chromebook-p-1028245.html?rmmds=search

I think it was on of these (80% sure of it)

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Doron
    Participant

Hi @chris

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the tips. Unfortunately because I’ve been screwing around with other USB-C OTG hubs for the past month or so, I don’t have enough time to try any others from gearbest before my trip (their shipping is just too damn slow and expedite shipping to Australia is twice the value of the hub itself).
    I’ve used the Xiaomi original hub (with HDMI) to charge the Mi Pad 2 if I plug the charge cable in first before connecting the hub to the tablet, but then the USB port won’t work. For some reason this also stops the USB port from working for a while, even after disconnecting it and trying it with other devices (such as my Zuk Z2 phone).  It’s quite weird, but it’ll only ever work for one or the other, but not both at the same time. For some reason it often corrupts my USB drive as well, requiring me to plug it into my PC to do a repair before it’ll work again via OTG.. weird..

Looks like I’ll just have to make-do by transferring whatever I need from my HDD over to the tablet’s internal storage while it’s charging on the flight, cycling through files until it’s finished.
    If you have any other tips, I’d love to hear them.
    Thanks

Neil
    Participant

Thanks @chris,

I have ordered the 2 units you have suggested may work and will get back here when they arrive and let you all know 🙂

Cheers from Australia

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar