Low geekbench score

Low geekbench score

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Low geekbench score

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ezbook user
    Participant

Hi,

I just received my Lapbook 14.1 yesterday. I did a geekbench test which gave me a score of around 1100 for single core, and 2600 for multi core. I see that other people manage to get around 1400 single core and 4000 multi core. I have no idea what is wrong. Thermal throttling does not seem to be an issue, as the temps never go above 70C.

Did anyone else experience a similar problem?

Thanks.

ezbook user
    Participant

OK, I just get rid of the shitty windows 10, and installed a clean Archlinux with the new Linux kernel 4.10. Here is the new Geekbench results:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2554689

Basically, my single core score went up to 1460 from 1100, and multi-core score to 4300 from 2600. Damn you windows.

sksiong
    Participant

Guys, i had the same low performance issue when i first receive the lapbook,  try update yr firmware to latest version.  Geekbench 3900++ now.

Brad
    Participant

OK, I just get rid of the shitty windows 10, and installed a clean Archlinux with the new Linux kernel 4.10. Here is the new Geekbench results: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2554689 Basically, my single core score went up to 1460 from 1100, and multi-core score to 4300 from 2600. Damn you windows.

Awesome. That multi-core difference is huge!  I have a dual boot Windows/Linux AMD quad-core notebook but I think I have used Windows like twice over the past year.  I keep it around just encase but I have a 500GB SSD so plenty of space.

Brad
    Participant

OK, I just get rid of the shitty windows 10, and installed a clean Archlinux with the new Linux kernel 4.10. Here is the new Geekbench results: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2554689 Basically, my single core score went up to 1460 from 1100, and multi-core score to 4300 from 2600. Damn you windows.

Was Arch easy to install? I’ve never used it.  I’ve used Linux Mint, Linux Lite, Manjaro, Xubuntu, Porteus, and a few other distro’s before

ezbook user
    Participant

I installed arch for the first time. Have been a mac user for about 3 years, and a linux user on commodity clusters and workstations. Even for me it was a little tricky. But the documentation of arch is excellent. I managed to get most stuff working in about 3-4 hours, and I’ve progressively learned arch basics over the following weeks as I used it. But the distro is very robust and minimalist; there is absolutely nonsense, you install only the things you need. When you update the system, every single piece of software gets updated simultaneously. I feel like I will be using this installation for the upcoming 5 years so it is well worth the pain. Look at geekbench charts for CHUWI NA14. All scores around 4300 belong to my machine (there are like 4 of them). The frunner-ups are around 4000s. That is the difference due to using arch.

ezbook user
    Participant

Another note, with all the software I used installed, I use about 8GB of space. That is why I am not planning to upgrade by adding an SSD, remaining 50GB will be plenty enough for my home use.

ezbook user
    Participant

I just realized that my machine has the highest score among all machines with Intel N3450 processors as well. Thanks arch!

nofearsha
    Participant

Hi,

I think my Lapbook 14.1 has low Geekbench score: 942 single-core, 2232 multi-core. The BIOS version is: A2W6_NA14.015 x64 and EC Version: 01.00.04.

Running the Windows 10 Home.

I see that other users got better GB results. Is there any way I can “speedup” my laptop?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Received my Chuwi lapbook 14.1 yesterday and was surprised to find it had very poor performance compared to TechTablets review results.
    Low Geekbench scores (1172 single and 2794 multi core)
    CPU operation at only 796MHz in normal and turbo modes indicated by Passmark performance test
    Very slow memory as indicated by CrystalDiskMark
    Low battery capacity indicated by BatteryBar

To say the least I am very disappointed as I was expecting results similar to the review results. In fact this system only slightly faster than my very old low cost Toshiba portable.
    Would appreciate any comments or suggestions before I send it back to Gearbest as a defective unit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ezbook user
    Participant

Try booting the laptop on linux with a live usb stick, then run geekbench to see how it compares. If you see a big difference it means its not a hw problem. In that case you can try reinstalling windows from scratch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar