M89 – Reviving dead tablet

M89 – Reviving dead tablet

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion M89 – Reviving dead tablet

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris G 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Doug Lung
    Participant

I haven’t isolated a reason for it, but every now and then my Teclast M89 won’t wake up. Black screen, power button doesn’t appear to do anything. Sometimes connecting a charger allows the power button to work, but that’s not always available. The problem occurs rarely, maybe once a month or less, but I’ve noticed it can happen even when the charge is over 75%. After fiddling with the power button, it eventually reboots into the Teclast logo.

I have found a way that so far always brings it back from the dead with minimal effort. First step is to hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds. Longer won’t hurt. Release it, wait a second or two, then press the power button again for 5 seconds. This time is critical. Too long or too short and nothing will happen. Wait a few seconds and Teclast logo should appear and the tablet will reboot. This trick may work for other tablets as well as I remember using it on other tablets in the past, sometimes with slightly different timings.

….Doug

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the tip, yes it has does work for other tablets. I think it’s when it doesn’t power off/on correctly and is stuck in a boot loop.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password