MACRIUM REFLECT Recovery on boot for Hi10 Pro?

MACRIUM REFLECT Recovery on boot for Hi10 Pro?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion MACRIUM REFLECT Recovery on boot for Hi10 Pro?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ken 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eras
    Participant

Hello. I bought a VI10 tablet last year, and with a lot of patience, and help from this website, I figured out on my own how to:

*Restore drivers properly from lots of drivers in the wild.

*Create/install custom copy of Windows 10 LTSB with Microsoft Store (LTSB is a genuine copy of Windows “light”, basically stripped down of a lot of annoying bloatware in Windows). Note: All those automated batch scripts/tools to remove components in Windows or Telemetry related apps create too many issues.

*Activate said copy easily via KMS (MS Toolkit), or also retain legal copy in Bios using the automated phone method (but need to retain/use original edition of Windows for that, in this case; Home edition).

*Remove Android (took too much space in a 32G tablet).

*Create a custom Recovery option during boot using a free copy of Macrium Reflect to restore my custom pre-configured copy of Windows 10 LTSB.

But I sent that tablet to my sister, and I forgot how I did all of that LOL.

Has anyone here managed to create a custom Recovery for the Hi10 Pro? I would love to keep android this time since now we have 64G, and maybe even create a custom partition within that 64GB emmc storage to store that backup copy of Windows and Android to restore instead of keeping that backup system copy elsewhere in an external storage?

ken
    Participant

Why yes , You use the win10 image of supplied on this site  copy it to a GPT formated usb boot made with RUFUS tool  .Copy to sources renaming image.wim to image.esd . And install .All the drivers are baked right in (except camera you get that here also) .

You may need to Flash Andriod first and wipe the drive depending on your situation.

Done this many times on Hi8 too

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password