Malware in the BIOS update download file

Malware in the BIOS update download file

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Malware in the BIOS update download file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jaipeauu
    Participant

Hi,

When downloading the BIOS tool from the downloads area Teclast->X98 Plus->Bios Updates-> X98PlusBIOSUpdateTool (2.7 MiB), Windows Defender detects malware. Trojan:Win32/Spursint.A

Anyone else had this?

Thanks.

Stuart Smith
    Participant

Anyone else verify this as true or not?

Ratnet
    Participant

No, IMHO it’s nonsense, maybe you have incorrect link for downloading or changed hosts at your system…

Chris G
    Keymaster

False positive, it’s because of the rights this application has to flash a bios. I did get a warning on Google drive it had a virus, but it’s rubbish as it’s the official file from Teclast.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Jaipeauu
    Participant

FYI I had to disable Windows Defender to download the file and then add an exclusion so that it would not quarantine it when opening or extracting in WinRAR.

winston smith
    Participant

If that’s the official files from teclast, why not just post a link to the official files on teclast website ?

Barodius
    Participant

Be careful. If your system is that fragile, then ransomware will easily penetrate your defenses. I recommend you to read this article about google drive ransomware. I guarantee you that you’ll find everything you need in it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar