Maximum Read/Write Speed Micro SD Slot

Maximum Read/Write Speed Micro SD Slot

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion Maximum Read/Write Speed Micro SD Slot

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    NB
    Participant

Anyone knows what is the read/write speed of the Micro SD card slot, does it support u3 or is it sdxc u1 class 10 only?

Krille Muspk
    Participant

around 30 mb/s read.

Andy B
    Participant

I’ll be testing this with several cards soon.  I’ll post comparisons of some cards speeds (CrystalDiskMark) in the HiBook compared to a full blown computer.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

NB
    Participant

Thanks greatly appreciated.

dlink377
    Participant

My result using Samsung 64GB EVO+ (The red one) micro SD card (I believe this is real card) using HiBook Pro:

CrystalDiskMark 5.1.2 x64 – 1 Pass – 500 MB Sequential Q32T1

On tablet internal SD card reader: Read: 41.81MB/s Write: 21.02MB/s

On my PC using USB 3.0 transcend card reader: Read: 93.45MB/s and Write is 26.84MB/s

On the tablet using USB 3.0 transcend card reader (at <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>USB 2.0 speed</span>): Read: 40.63MB/s Write 24.25MB/s

Just for additional information, on the internal eMMC (Toshiba chip), the Read is 131.8MB/s and Write is 33.27MB/s

And just one more just for fun, my super cheap 750EVO SSD, Read is 553.3MB/s and Write is 518.6MB/s. See how slow is the eMMC :(.

Tell me if you want me to test another mode (4K, etc).

Andy B
    Participant

Yeah, this doesn’t surprise me at all.  It could be worse than the Toshiba chip, as in the less expensive Chuwi’s.  But they still cut the corners nearly as much as possible on these things.  I just wish USB 3.0 was properly implemented (or fixed if it’s a BIOS problem).  Even my 2011-era 5400RPM storage drive is doing 112MB/s read, 113MB/s write in my desktop PC.  I don’t suppose it’s possible to mod a m.2 socket into one of these things?  LOL

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Andy B
    Participant

On tablet internal SD card reader: Read: 41.81MB/s Write: 21.02MB/s On my PC using USB 3.0 transcend card reader: Read: 93.45MB/s and Write is 26.84MB/s

I expect the SD card reader in all these tablets interfaces with the motherboard using USB 2.0, as pretty much every computer’s integrated memory card reader does.

dlink377
    Participant

Yeah, this doesn’t surprise me at all. It could be worse than the Toshiba chip, as in the less expensive Chuwi’s. But they still cut the corners nearly as much as possible on these things. I just wish USB 3.0 was properly implemented (or fixed if it’s a BIOS problem). Even my 2011-era 5400RPM storage drive is doing 112MB/s read, 113MB/s write in my desktop PC. I don’t suppose it’s possible to mod a m.2 socket into one of these things? LOL

If only those skylake M tablets not that level of expensive, I am surely will buy it. I can’t justify around 450 usd for a Chinese Tablet, 350 maybe.

Both my Chuwi HiBook Pro and iWork 10 Ultimate has broken USB 3.0 implementation, both has same problem, all USB 3.0 device is not detected. I suppose this is Hampoo boards design flaws, or just me having the worst luck.

It has M2 slot without header available, maybe someone very good with soldering can try it. But I suppose it just has USB wired to it since it is for WWAN rather than PCIe or SATA signals.

Now I just wait for tablet with Atom x7-z8700 (same with Surface 3), I will happily pay usd 250-280 for it, but with user replaceable M.2 drive, AC Wireless, M2 slot, and charging using USB-C.

I expect the SD card reader in all these tablets interfaces with the motherboard using USB 2.0, as pretty much every computer’s integrated memory card reader does.

Actually Intel Atom has three direct storage connection, eMMC 4.5.1, SD Card (SDIO 3.0),  and SDIO 3.0 for WiFi. So the SD Card is directly wired to the SoC. SDIO 3.0 speed itself just around 400Mbps, so the result is just around 40MB/s.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andy B
    Participant

I just saw this thread about the iWork10 and HiBook probably having the same motherboard.  I guess it makes sense that both your tablets have the same USB 3.0 problem, then.  But it also helps me to know that a solution on the iWork10 might be the same for the HiBook in all sorts of areas.  I don’t think you have the worst luck.  Just bad taste in tablets!  hahaha (maybe me too)

NB
    Participant

@dlink377, thanks for the info really helpfull, there is no need to buy a fast micro sd card in this case an average class 10 card should do the job.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar