Mi notebook air 13 second ssd

Mi notebook air 13 second ssd

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Mi notebook air 13 second ssd

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jl
    Participant

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if <span style=”color: #555555; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18.2000007629395px;”>Samsung 850 EVO – 1TB – M.2 SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-N5E1T0BW) works as a second ssd on the 13 inch model? Spent too much moolah buying wrong ssd. Too many standards cant keep up. Plus can i know what ssd is used in the post for the internals of the notebook? Thanks for your help in advance. :)</span>

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes it will work, the second slot as seen in my video is SATA 3, the included SSD is PCIE.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Dootech
    Participant

Has anyone fitted a cheap 2nd SSD. The samsung is way too expensive!

LaniaKea
    Participant

Yes got a bunch of these el cheapo china drives and got two more yesterday 512GB 22×80 and 512GB 22×42.

sofare they perform pretty decent. (took 8 secods to transfer an 4GB moviefile like the Mummy.) and here is the crystaldiskmarks in the second M.2 drive.

For the price of 115USD for 512GB and jst over 70USD for 256GB they at first hand aint half bad, but how they will stand up in the long run, cant say.

3 drives testscore below. (*22×42 512GB and *22×80 512GB and *22×42 256 all KingSpec brand, but the scores varies from one run to the next, pretty normal in Crystaldiskmark)

Gonnna use the 22×80 in Mi air13, the others will be used as fast storage-drive for our new OLED TV (LG-B7)

Btw the new spare battery (picture // 30USD) was pretty impressiv 0.0% wear and full capacity in test, the old native-one from summer17 (16.1% wear)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Murat
    Participant

I have 256 gig version. When i put it to second ssd slot, the computer acts like completely dead.  I could not turn it on until removing that cheap ssd.  Maybe i couldn’t place it well, or mine is broken. Btw where can i get that usb dongle?

LaniaKea
    Participant

Murat’ your sure your plugging it the correct side up?

btw that one red is from AliExpress, cost around 6.5USD as I recall 1½ year back..but its for small 22×42 (just search on AliE for NGFF M.2 USB)

you can also get it for 22×80 USB m.2 socket USB like the above red but in longformfactor. costs arond 8USD-

otherwise you can just pick up a cheap 2USD M.2 to old style sata, and check the drive like a normal harddisk.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Del-Laptop-SSD-NGFF-M-2-To-2-5Inch-15Pin-SATA3-PC-Converter-Adapter-Card-SZ0411/32806587356.html?

Murat
    Participant

I think so. The side with white sticker should face up, right? Thanks for the link, that’s exactly what i need.

LaniaKea
    Participant

Your welcome my friend, and yes’ the whiteone with the specs like capacity on top and the one with the colored sticker on the bottom.(give notice when you recive it, and if your 256GB are haywired or if it works)  if it is dead, then contact seller or Kingspec’ there useally some warrenties on these..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar