Mi notebook pro second ssd slot NVME or Sata?

Mi notebook pro second ssd slot NVME or Sata?

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Mi notebook pro second ssd slot NVME or Sata?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Damien
    Participant

I would like to put other ssd to second slot but confusing there’s no exact spec of second ssd slot.

Is that available for nvme m.2 type? or just sata m.2 type?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi it’s both, sata3 or Nvme dpedns on what you put in there. If it’s NVMe note it will only work at x2 speed.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Damien
    Participant

Thanks for your comment so even I have latest bios second slot is only work at x2 mode ? which means limitation of the motherboard?

Alan WONG
    Participant

I’d love to confirm that also.  I have the Mi Notebook Pro 15.6 / i7-8550u / 256GB M.2 SSD ( PM961 ) + 500GB M.2 SSD ( 960 EVO ).

It is disappointing to see that the new 500GB can only run at SATA speed x 2 only.  So, in this case, there is no cure for it?  Second slot is for sure only peaked at x2 speed?

or may be I should switch the 960 EVO to be the main system drive into the slot one and then move the original PM961 to the secondary?

Really hope to receive technical confirmation on the slot nature and what should be the best arrangement for all of the Mi notebook pro users.

Thank you.

PS.  I found on the Xiaomi China Forum, that seems like there has never been one that has PCI-e x 4 on both M.2 slots, so guess we have to live with it??

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Betsy Jolas
    Participant

A second M2 slot is available on the top of most models. Usually, it is used to increase the storage space. However, not all motherboards support this feature. wordle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar