Mi Pad 2: Keyboard or keyboard case?

Mi Pad 2: Keyboard or keyboard case?

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Mi Pad 2: Keyboard or keyboard case?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ultrakomm
    Participant

Hi!

I’m thinking of buying a Mi Pad 2 to use as my day to day computer needs (basic browsing, mail, coding, text editing).

Can someone recommend a good (and slim) keyboard case?

Al
    Participant

I have both the BTC808 and Tzumi universal keyboards.  Tzumi looks better (black keys on black) but the BTC has DEL function (by pressing Fn+bksp). Otherwise they’re identical. I remapped some keys with SharpKeys. Turns the MiPad2 into a fully functioning clamshell-like laptop at 548 grams complete w/ esc and f1-f12 keys. Took forever to find keyboards that weren’t ipad-specific and support all three OSs…they’re getting harder to find

Steve
    Participant

I am using the zagg keyboard (designed for the ipad) and it fits perfectly. It’s backlit with different colors and brightness settings. Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/ZAGG-Bluetooth-Keyboard-mini-Black-ZKMHCBKLIT103/dp/B00DKXXEQG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469695279&sr=8-1&keywords=ipad+mini+zagg+keyboard

Martin Fóka
    Participant

I am about to buy the ZAGG Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard and I have one question.
    Does the cut outs fit for a Mi Pad 2?

Steve
    Participant

Yes the slot for the tablet fits well. You have a nice clamshell solution with the ZAGG keyboard. I attached a pic that may help.

Martin Fóka
    Participant

My bad, I wrote “the cut outs” because I was looking at a newer version of this keyboard.
    http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/keyboards/ipad-mini-4-keyboard/ipad-mini-4-keyboard-folio

Ipad mini is slimmer than mi pad. I kinda worry that the tablet could fell out of this case…
    Is the mi pad magnetic? Because this case hold the tablet in the magnetic clamp.

Steve
    Participant

No it is not magnetic. but it won’t slip out easily. Mine has been fine carrying it around and storing it in a backpack. So it’s not a “perfect” fit but it’s pretty close. The ZAGG keyboard is very high quality so I think it’s worth it.

Aaron
    Participant

Does a tempered glass interfere with the attachment? Maybe adding the thickness of tempered glass, it grips better

JesDoias
    Participant

Hi, I’m just wondering, when using the Zagg keyboard, does it stay connected for you?  It disconnects really quickly if I’m not constantly pressing a key (the backlight goes off when it disconnects as well.  It’s the same on my Android phone.  I tried it on an old first generation iPad I had and that seemed to stay connected.  Is there a work around?

Aaron
    Participant

Mine works perfectly, it does not disconnect at any time.

The tempered glass helps for the grip method, the hinge don´t let go the tablet

Luca
    Participant

Looks like a pretty neat solution.

And how do you do with the lack of F-Keys? Do you use it on windows as well?

Aaron
    Participant

I don’t use the F-Keys, but you can program some combinations with AutoHotKey

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar