Mi Pad 2 Windows – screen turns dark randomly

Mi Pad 2 Windows – screen turns dark randomly

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Mi Pad 2 Windows – screen turns dark randomly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ReyMatt
    Participant

My Mi Pad 2 has random bouts of the screen turning off randomly. Even if I’m in the middle of swiping up/down webpages, the screen goes dark. I often have trouble waking up the tablet, pressing the power button shows up as a black screen several seconds later. Screen saver is disable, turn off display setting is set to never. I don’t know if it’s a hardware issue or a driver/Windows problem

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’m not having that issue with my one, maybe try updating the Intel GFX driver with the Intel Driver Update Utility? If that doesn’t do it, try a factory reset, and if still there is an issue. I would say it’s a hardware fault.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

ReyMatt
    Participant

Have you tried using the Intel Driver Update Utility on the Mi Pad 2? It reported that a “customized computer manufacturer driver  is installed” on my Mi Pad 2. The utility is unable to update the driver, installing a generic Intel driver may cause technical issues.  This maybe the reason why TouchMe Gesture Studio won’t work on this tablet.

If I manually install Intel’s drivers and encounter problems, is it possible to load back Xiami’s drivers?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I do have a driver backup here: Mi Pad 2 Downloads. You could also try laptopdrivers2go and find the latest Intel GFX driver, use device manager to update it manually.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

ReyMatt
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Downloaded the files for Cherry Trail. Still figuring out which specific file to install…

ReyMatt
    Participant

Random black screens still plaguing my Mi Pad 2 tablet. I found something in Event Viewer when it occurred yesterday and just a few minutes ago. Here’s a screen shot of it….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Wriley
    Participant

help!! i also had the same problem with my xiaomi mi pad 2, trouble in displaying back on. i must wait for a min.or so.. pls help..

ReyMatt
    Participant

If you have a smart case, try removing it. If the screen is still dark, I  press the power button off and then on again. I haven’t found any solution yet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar