Mi Pro GTX with power adapter 60W instead of 95W?

Mi Pro GTX with power adapter 60W instead of 95W?

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Mi Pro GTX with power adapter 60W instead of 95W?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BernardF 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BernardF
    Participant

Hi Chris,
    Hi Fellow Group Members,
    Would you, please advise me, before I place the order for the power supply?

I’m about to buy a 60W power supply listed below, but… I’ve noticed that my Mi Pro GTX got 95W adapter (while the MX version had 65W).

I know the 60W worked well for a guy using Mi Pro MX. That was just 5W below the original adapter specs. In my case there would be 35W less.
    Chris, would you be able to give a try a 65W adapter with you Pro GTX laptop?
    Would the laptop accept a 65W adapter and just charging in a slower way, or maybe it would just refuse it altogether?

This is the power supply I was about to get:
    https://www.amazon.de/Inateck-Netzteil-PD-Ladeger%C3%A4t-Reisesteckadaptern-Chromebook-Schwarz/dp/B076Q6Z2RL

I thank you in advance for your assistance and thank you Chris for this great portal and the yt channel.
    You were behind my decision to get Mi Pro and I’m very happy with that.
    Cheers,

Bernard

bắc phan
    Participant

you can use that, i even use 45W powerbank to charge my notebook pro gtx, it will charge slower of course, but can charge your laptop

keep in mind that if you gaming with low power charger, the charger can’t charge the battery

BernardF
    Participant

bắc phan, I thank you for your comment.

you can use that, i even use 45W powerbank to charge my notebook pro gtx,…

I believe so. Nonetheless when connected 60W on Windows 10 the pop-up showed up with the 90W figure displayed. Then in the battery status there was the note of non charging. But after couple of minutes it started charging. The system was practically idle, no games, no heavy soft opened then.

In ubuntu 18.04.2 no issues with charging with 60W at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password