Mi Pro: Need help! Can somebody take a picture of the motherboard for me?

Mi Pro: Need help! Can somebody take a picture of the motherboard for me?

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Mi Pro: Need help! Can somebody take a picture of the motherboard for me?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Chris 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant

TLDR: Can you PLEASE take a picture of the upper left corner of the motherboard (where the USB-C ports are) with the metal cap removed? And please look if there is a very thin, exposed wire in that area. We can also talk about a reward.

Hi guys,

so recently my fans started rattling on my Mi Notebook Pro. I fixed the rattling by applying some grease to the fan bearings. (btw I think the grease leaked out of the bearing over time causing the rattling). But after I reassembled the Laptop, Bluetooth stopped working and shortly after that it stopped charging correctly. It only charges normally when the Laptop is off, and only keeps charge when Laptop is on.

So I reopened the Notebook to look for damage and I think I might have found it. When I fixed the fans, out of curiosity, I removed to metal cap in the top left corner. I remember seeing a very thin, completely exposed silver wire close to the charging USB-C port and I also remember touching the wire (because I’m an idiot). Now I can no longer see that little wire. I will include a picture.

So my theory is that I broke that wire off when I fixed the fans. I know that there are other possible reasons for my problems (charger, cable, battery etc.) but I think they are unlikely considering Bluetooth stopped working immediately after my fix and Bluetooth is also on that part of the motherboard.

So if you have a few minutes can you PLEASE open your Notebook up and snap a picture of the upper felt corner of the motherboard with the cap removed? It would help me immensely.

I’m including a picture of my motherboard too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password